Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service Greystones

Options
  • 03-01-2008 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Does anyone know any good Garage or car service station in Greystones? I used to get the car serviced in Hill Garage, greystones but I guess it is closed now.

I heard there is one in kilcoole but don't know anyone who has used them. Can anyone recommend?

I would prefer Greystones as it is simpler to just drop the car in the morning and collect in the evening.

Please do include the contact number as well, if possible.

Cheers,
    Tarun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Really good guy in Kilcoole industrial estate - near Matt Brittons, turn right and on the LHS. Haven't used him but is there years and really good reputation. Also Davis Bros near Fish shop in Greystones. I use a gusy who used to work in the VW dealer I got my car from and then he went out on his own...based in stepaside but picks up the car from house in Greystones and returns. Not sure if this is what he always does though but can ask - worth using him. PM me if you want more details and I can give you his number/details.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Rodney Evans Motors on the road between Killincarrig and the Eden Gate roundabout. You can drop the car off there and then hop over the wall into Charlesland (if thats where you live). (01)2874224

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Davis Bro's just off church road. I've had my car serviced a couple of times there and no complaints. Had an overrun of a 20-30 quid on a quote they game me but they honoured the original quote which i thought was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

Yes, I would reiterate Davis' service - they're not money grabbers.

I had a flat battery one morning, guy came out quickly to give me a jump start and when I offered to pay he said he'd 'catch me another time'.

It was a quick job but I thought it was decent of him and I now use them whenever I can

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Agreed Davis' is your best bet used them a few times and they've always been good to me!
    Stay away from Evan's IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

MegFi wrote: »
    Really good guy in Kilcoole industrial estate - near Matt Brittons, turn right and on the LHS. Haven't used him but is there years and really good reputation.

That sounds like it might be Eamon & Eddie Byrne if it's the place i think you are talking about, I have used them for the last 4yrs since a friend recommended them. They are very good & reasonable too!We use them for both cars and previous cars before that for both servicing & major mechanical work such as timing belt etc...
    They have never let us down. PM for numbers if you want them :)

Davis also have a good rep, used them once for some exhaust work, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

hi jellybaby21,

are you talking about rodney evans? if so, can you elaborate? i have recently used them twice, thought they were pricey... but nice chaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

Anyone got a number for Dave Bros? Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

...don't know if we are allowed post numbers?! PM me if you want it!...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

cuddydale wrote: »
    hi jellybaby21,

are you talking about rodney evans? if so, can you elaborate? i have recently used them twice, thought they were pricey... but nice chaps.
    I won't get into it i would probably be in court for slander!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

Hi Jellybaby21,

Can you please pm me the details if you are talking about Rodney Evans? As I need more work done on my car soon and would love to know if you had any problems before I proceed.

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I have had pleny of work done on my cars over the years by Rodney Evans Motors, the guys there are great and I have had no issues.

Not sure if they are expensive compared to others but their work is top notch and they stand over anything they do, which is more than can be said for some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hillerbees

Hi guys,

I know this post is a bit late but I am new to boards.ie. Hill's Garages (Greystones) Ltd. is back open for business since the start of the year. It no longer sells cars but does still continue the same (excellent) servicing and repairs business. The new premises is just up the hill on Hillside Road across from where the garage was before. Happy days!

Advertisement