Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

events/things to do in Galway city this weekend??

Options
  • 03-01-2008 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey, I'm heading down to Galway this weekend for my birthday but I was wondering if the night life will be quite after Christmas & New Years?? Any suggestions of what might be happening, day or night time?? Thanks a mill :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Connacht v Llanelli Scarlets in the rugby, Friday 6.30. Greyhound racing afterwards, free once you've paid in to the rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

You could give the ice skating in leisureland a go - its v busy and looks to be good craic

Look out for me being carried off on a stretcher....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 sputnik2_2000

Zzippy wrote: »
    Connacht v Llanelli Scarlets in the rugby, Friday 6.30. Greyhound racing afterwards, free once you've paid in to the rugby

Cheers that sounds brill & might do the ice skating on Saturday day aswell? Can you tell some good night clubs to go to on Sat night, its just me & my boyf but wanna head out sat night?

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

Cheers that sounds brill & might do the ice skating on Saturday day aswell? Can you tell some good night clubs to go to on Sat night, its just me & my boyf but wanna head out sat night?

Thanks!!

how old are ye and what sort of music / crowd do you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Thanks!!

No prob, the rugby is great craic if you get into the atmosphere. Head for the terrace under the main stand for the best craic - funny chants and slagging off of the team mascot :D

Halo and CPs are the 2 main niteclubs, CPs for the (very) young crowd, Halo is more 20s age. Plenty of late bars as well in that area.
    Other clubs include Karma, Cuba, GPO, Warwick, I'm sure other people here will have more experience of them...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

CPs, Boo Radleys, Karma - R&B and slutty wimmins, Karma being the most tolerable of the three.

Cuba - Rock music. Only fun if you're pisshed

GPO on Saturdays - Technotechnotechno, sometimes full of skangers, sometimes not.

Aras na Gael - Best place in town, may or may not be open.

De Burgo's - Pub disguised as a club so they can rob you on the way in.

I think that about covers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

grasshopa wrote: »
    CPs, Boo Radleys, Karma - R&B and slutty wimmins, Karma being the most tolerable of the three. Agreed, love Karma, isn't Boo's closed now?

Cuba - Rock music. Only fun if you're pisshed. Not necessarily, Cuba has 2 floors, downstairs is chart stuff and upstairs there's usually a band playing...well good!

GPO on Saturdays - Technotechnotechno, sometimes full of skangers, sometimes not. Ugh. Can't stand the place.

I think that about covers it.

Does anyone remember Church Lane? Had 1 drunken nite in there once, lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 sputnik2_2000

Hey guys thanks a mill for all of your suggestions, had a great weekend in Galway, headed to Halo on Friday night which wasn't bad but CP's on Sat indeed very very young which is prob why I had such a bad hangover on Sunday... :p Managed to have a go at Pallas karting aswell on the way home which was brilliant aswell and a pretty cool way to round off the weekend!

Advertisement