Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

ongarboy wrote: »
    had our second heavy snowfall since 7pm just there in Ongar/Clonsilla to add to the lying snow from an hour earlier - just wonderful, everything gloriously white. keep those showers coming!!

Here in Blanch it didn't stick from the last time. I guess that's the difference of being that tiny bit further inland in Ongar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slainte13

yeah really bad arround navan. didn't think I was going to make it home really came down:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

LookingFor wrote: »
    Here in Blanch it didn't stick from the last time. I guess that's the difference of being that tiny bit further inland in Ongar!

I used to live in Ongar - totally different weather set up there! I've seen it snow in Ongar and rain in Castleknock.

Still no snow here - this is driving me insane! :confused: Have the temp and dewpoint for it (just) and am ready and waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

First flakes fluttering in the breeze in South Laois now...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

2163123573_650fba68fa.jpg

More up in Weather Pictures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

Just back from work here in Drogheda, car had accumulated about four inches of snow, traffic is barely moving, wheels spinning etc, and general speed seems to be about 10 kmph. There's a 5 foot snowman outside the house, and major snowball fight going on next door. Nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Good hard frost down here, relatively calm out, but it has clouded over :D wind now from the NNW. Temp of -1.6c (edit just gone up to -1.4c!) and DP of -2.9c. Humidity has also risen!! :D

I can smell it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Omg, i am green with envy here, more pics in the weather pictures forum needed!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

last time i looked out the window there was a dusting on the ground, i forgot about the snow and just went outside to get something and theres over in inch on the ground and blizzard like conditions:)!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

positron wrote: »
    Just back from work here in Drogheda, car had accumulated about four inches of snow, traffic is barely moving, wheels spinning etc, and general speed seems to be about 10 kmph. There's a 5 foot snowman outside the house, and major snowball fight going on next door. Nice! :)

Viewing this thread is getting more and more painful:D

Back in an hour!

• Advertisement

Hopefully RTE wil have some coverage on the news tonight.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

any chance of snow in cork???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

ashbourne its getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I'm told there's six inches of snow in Navan. My mam is stuck in Stamullen as the roads have been buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

I say its frustrating for you Longfield but get this,im only a few miles south of the heavy stuff.Grrrrrr

Just back from Swords and the snow was falling from here out to there but none settling out there either.

It settled here for awhile earlier but thawed just as quick.

Yup, RTE 9oC news has it in the headlines.

Snowbie, you have no idea!

Its going to be rather chilly though before the night is out:-

OutsideTempHistory.gif

Come on Navan boardsies, lets be having some pics and reports!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Has anyone taken some pictures?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still snowing like mad outside, very strange orange sky and snow been pelted along the brickwork of the house. Our Sky reception is starting to go a bit with all the snow. Im gonna saviour this moment as its the most snow ive seen since 2000 and may not get this much again for ages!, Ive uploaded a few more pics onto the weather pictures
    forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055210267

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slainte13

getting pummellled again near Navan unbelieveable:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Will you look at that,this is unbelievably close,Damn im going for a spin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Why am i still reading this thread! :eek:

Im just being a Gringe.

So i'll just sit back and watch, have fun everyone, some of this snowfall wont been seen for a long while.

And its a cracking surprise for many, it's rare we get an upgrade in cold snap, as with all cold snaps, some people miss out and even if its always me, i am sure one day things will even themselves up:eek:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Delighted for everyone seeing snow I was only in Dunshaughlin the other day bet it looks nice covered in snow.

ONE THING TO NOTE, Met Eireann have been forecasting snow on higher ground only for days coming up to this event even this morning they wouldn't say Snow could fall and stay on lower ground, for some reason they are very reluctant to forecast snow, remember that when we get to February which is our best month for snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭repr

Seem like the showers are gettin stronger in the Irish sea.

Completely dry here think I in a different country then about 10miles to my south and north is like a winter wonderland ahhhh:D Talk about unlucky

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/default.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Villain wrote: »

for some reason they are very reluctant to forecast snow, remember that when we get to February which is our best month for snow.

Didnt some gobs&*%e bring met eireann to court a few years back and tried to sue them because they had forecast snow which never materialised, and this hotel owner cancelled a number of functions due to it? Cant remember the story.

Maybe they dont want to get brought to courth again :p

Temp risen to -0.1c now and DP risen too to -1.3. Sky clouded over but there aint nothing falling yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

so so jealous!!

Snowbie, on your next radar zoom image, can you show a little more inland. I am getting very light snowflakes in the breeze and I am interested to see if that radar picks it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing down here, NOTHING! :( Cold without the fun.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Didnt some gobs&*%e bring met eireann to court a few years back and tried to sue them because they had forecast snow which never materialised, and this hotel owner cancelled a number of functions due to it? Cant remember the story.

Maybe they dont want to get brought to courth again :p

Temp risen to -0.1c now and DP risen too to -1.3. Sky clouded over but there aint nothing falling yet!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/big-storm-is-brewing-as-met-team-face-threat-of-lawsuit-233538.html lol

Advertisement