Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

:D:D
    I havn't posted in ages because i've been up the fields and on the roads enjoying this amazing winter wonderland!! There must be a couple of inches out there- absolutely wonderful, Definitely the best snow in many years here! The snow just got heavier and kept going. There were cars sliding outside my house- the road is covered and very tricky as no gritters have come down it. I'll post some pics in the other thread. The place is really covered in deep(by meath standards anyway) snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like some sleety snow has begun to fall here.

Much less sleety than earlier.

rc28 wrote: »
    :D:D
    I havn't posted in ages because i've been up the fields and on the roads enjoying this amazing winter wonderland!! There must be a couple of inches out there- absolutely wonderful, Definitely the best snow in many years here! The snow just got heavier and kept going. There were cars sliding outside my house- the road is covered and very tricky as no gritters have come down it. I'll post some pics in the other thread. The place is really covered in deep(by meath standards anyway) snow now.

:D:D:D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Well its a winter wonderland here in sunny Lusk as always :D Some light drizzle and a touch of sleet thrown in if you look hard enough!

It was 0c on the car thermo so thought might get a bit more, ah well...here to the next cold snap/let down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

-5.1, incredibly clear & still. Not a hope of anything other than a burst radiator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

mike65 wrote: »
    Nothing down here, NOTHING! :( Cold without the fun.

Mike.

Might have a better chance next Tueday/Wednesday if things go according to plan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

there could be snow in the north west for a brief period tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Enjoy it lads, its not often we get proper snow in Ireland.
    Just watched the eagle on RTE and looks like its going to fizzle out and freeze hard overnight, going to be some very tricky roads around north Dublin /Meath and Louth by morning.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

ch750536 wrote: »
    -5.1, incredibly clear & still. Not a hope of anything other than a burst radiator.

Not so fast - you are right in line for some temporary snow tomorrow morning when the westerly front hits early...

A

Some brave little stray bits of sneachta sneaking through now, poor little chaps, they don't stand a chance once they hit the ground though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I cannot believe the amount of snow that's falling over the last 30 mins!! We're now at 3 inches on most surfaces.

I've been told by locals that Drogheda is even worse than here, which is completely against the norm.

Looks like it's time for me to ramp! Lads, is no one looking at this amazing radar?!!?! This band of ppn is virtually stalling at the east coast!!

There's a Met Office warning for the counties just to the north of me for up to 5 inches of snow!!

And it's pelting outside:D:D:D

Edit: I could end up regretting this, but 2001 is starting to come to mind. As it stands, this beats 2005 and March last year.;)

I cannot believe the amount of snow that's falling over the last 30 mins!! We're now at 3 inches on most surfaces.

I've been told by locals that Drogheda is even worse than here, which is completely against the norm.

Looks like it's time for me to ramp! Lads, is no one looking at this amazing radar?!!?! This band of ppn is virtually stalling at the east coast!!

There's a Met Office warning for the counties just to the north of me for up to 5 inches of snow!!

And I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, swear!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

just played football in 2 inches of snow..some laugh, though getting home was hazardous...for once Meath features!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

I am so :mad:

If that ammout of snow hit wicklow and dublin. the place would come to a halt.

Some class photos in the picture section.

Just 1 good hour long snow shower ....please!

Felixdhc wrote: »
    And I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, swear!!!

No me neither, this band of precip is getting heavier and heavier but still lies 15 miles north of here, 15 miles!!!!!!!!!

No me neither, this band of precip is getting heavier and heavier but still lies 15 miles north of here, 15 miles!!!!!!!!!

Has any one got the most up to date radar?

Every year without fail, we are robbed!

I blame Bertie.

So is there any grain of hope for those less fortunate over night?

Look at those beefy things piling into Louth and Meath.

You lucky souls.

radar3fs0.png

Felixdhc wrote: »
    So is there any grain of hope for those less fortunate over night?

Yes a mere 10 degree tilt in the wind and those beefcakes are on there way here! less for you up in Lusk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Still coming down heavy in Ashbourne. I hear cars are struggling to get over the N2 bridge on both sides from Ratoath..

Kippure wrote: »
    Has any one got the most up to date radar?

Yep, looking at Netweather radar this seems to be moving slowly northwards now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Yes a mere 10 degree tilt in the wind and those beefcakes are on there way here! less for you up in Lusk!

mmm, a 10 degree tilt you say :) Well I'm that teeny bit further north than so :p

Longfield wrote: »

Ballz:rolleyes:

Longfield wrote: »

Yep im off for a quick cry:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I am surprised that anything made it this far down south west along the N8!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Edit: I could end up regretting this, but 2001 is starting to come to mind. As it stands, this beats 2005 and March last year.;)

Well done TBC. Make sure you take lots of pics for the doubters who believe it never snows in Ireland! Looks like you have a lot more coming your way. Out with the ruler and start giving us depth measurements!! Remember, flat open surface....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

any chance of cavan getting any

I'm happy enough with my record low temp here tonight (currently -3.4°C and falling), having that much snow jut to loose it allthe next day would be cruel.

Plenty of time left this winter for another try at some snow here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Can anyone post another radar image showing more of inland areas?

Advertisement