Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Please don't snow! Exam tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Sleet failling heavilly here in Skerries atm. Hope something more interesting happens....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

squonk wrote: »
    Sleet failling heavilly here in Skerries atm. Hope something more interesting happens....

No it is moving north now it would seem.

Thing its game up as far as i am concerned.

Might be a zippy storm on Sunday to give us something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

No sign any snow in the midwest, bitterly cold, new record for my weather station -4.1c.

Regs

LiamK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow getting much lighter now, i think were at the very end of it now but we done so well here, almost 4 inchs on the ground! I hope its still there in the morning to take more pics before the rain sets in and melts it all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

This is amazing, it's still snowing! Looks like 3/4 inches now. More pics in photo thread in a few moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

hey guys

great pictures. are we likely to get anymore snow in cavan?? by the sounds of things its on its way from meath.

ps what are the roads like in Dunshaughlin and navan???

should i put some more beer in the fridge and stay in bed in the morning??

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fantastic pics in the picture forum there Gonzo, you've got proper snow there, looks absolutely beautiful.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

ambman wrote: »
    hey guys

great pictures. are we likely to get anymore snow in cavan?? by the sounds of things its on its way from meath.

ps what are the roads like in Dunshaughlin and navan???

should i put some more beer in the fridge and stay in bed in the morning??

thanks guys

Roads are awful around here- a few cars skidded off on the bend near my house.

EDIT:Just added more photos in photography thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I wonder how fast will this all melt 2moro or will we get some more snow from the breakdown rainband that will cross us 2moro. Just imagine if it managed to all fall as snow 2moro!

Snow has pepped up into a flurry here now - Im impressed! 0.1c even for the last 1 hour. Not heavy enough for sticking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

rc28 wrote: »
    Roads are awful around here- a few cars skidded off on the bend near my house.

EDIT:Just added more photos in photography thread.

thanks for that. think i might stay in bed in the morning. better off in bed than in a ditch:D

keep the pics coming they are great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

Still snowing here in Drogheda... and its freeezzinnnnggg....

Still snowing here! Flipping fantastic!:D:D
    I've heard that beyond fairyhouse in direction of Dublin there is nothing at all- we are very lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slainte13

started up here again about ten miles from Navan accumlating again work not looking good:D

It seems that the vortex is pulling the showers down towards Kilkenny/Carlow via Portlaoise/Kildare and dying out along the way... http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?zoom=5&lat=52.908902047770255&lon=-1.845703125 If only that vortex sank down over the Wicklow Mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just seen the Beeb forecast, and according to them, even as early as 8am tomorrow the front is to move in from the West, they showed rain for the most of Ireland with a small bit of snow for the north midlands.

That front appears to have split in two? http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=zoom&xas=213&yas=186

Is there any chance of that front falling as snow over the snowfields of meath and louth and staying as snow? it happened before in the past during a rain forecast.

• Advertisement

I wonder could the snow arc back east as the winds veer west?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Could be anaprop but there looks like a little line of showers in Shankill/Bray area, anyone around there at the moment?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Gonzo wrote: »
    Is there any chance of that front falling as snow over the snowfields of meath and louth and staying as snow? it happened before in the past during a rain forecast.

Not the whole i do not think although it is possible, but the air will probably be too mild at the back of the front.

I'm not taking any more photos until it stops as it just keeps getting deeper. My brother a mile away to the south claims he has measured 5 inches on an unsheltered wall!

Nothing more than a brief flurry @16:30, cold & clear now.
    No chance of snow here, maybe next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Starting to snow here! Very light..............but its snow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Hey lads,

First return to this form in ages, as things are hotting up once again Waterford is left in the shadow again

So, I ask any chance of anything getting down here i hate hearing snow here snow there and i got no snow its jsut sadding :D

Apparently the winds have turned westerly but this is good news according to someone on TWO!:
    "It would appear that a shallow low is developing in the North Irish Sea:

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/30m/GB/pressure.gif

Reports from Dublin and other places in the east are saying that the wind has turned to a west or northwest direction, If that low does develop, the snow could be an all night affair in the N and E of Ireland."

Still snowing here- amazing!

oddly enough it stopped snowing here nearly an hour ago (just the odd flake blowing around in the wind)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

Still snowing here and there's already about 4-6 inches (approx) on the ground. Wondering if this is enough to affect daily commute to work tomorrow? I could use some extra sleep (or free time to take some snow pics...). Any ideas?

Advertisement