Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Didn't notice the shower, but there's a light sprinkling of snow on the cars now here in D15. I guess it was a passing shower..hopefully something more substantial comes our way through the rest of the evening :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Kippure wrote: »
    Can you see any potential in it coming slightly south? To hit dublin and wicklow.

Or renewed showers coming in off the irish sea?

What about tomorrow when we have the mild clash with the cold.....?

Its possible they could make it further south but after midnight the wind will change direction quicky to the SW then thats it.

As for tomorrow doubt it for the east. Good chance further west.

Nothing again!

You must surely get something shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Friend in sutton has heavy snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

trogdor wrote: »
    Friend in sutton has heavy snow.

hah your kidding me! the snow shield is holding strong here ;)

Anyone near me should look ENE and check out that mad looking anvil. You should be able to see it. Looks like another shower.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Anyone near me should look ENE and check out that mad looking anvil. You should be able to see it. Looks like another shower.

Where are you based again Darkman?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

most of the snow is falling from a line from Drogheda across to Navan and northwards. some light hail here again

As far as I know the Eagle will be doing the forecast tonight on RTE

• Advertisement

Somebody asked about tomorrow and i will bedgrudgingly comment as i have to get some showers tonight!

Tonight is going to be mighty cold, as the winds veer west by 6am, temperatures will dip to -6c inland.

Following UKM alot of people will see some preceeded snow!

AHHHHHH Newsline, Lougbrickland........ looks so good:eek:

Well we had a light shower of SLEET there, don't know whats going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Heavy hail-come-snow pellets now, lying on roads and green areas. Substantial build up on cars. Took pics but flash is only picking out airborne snow and not showing up b/g properly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

It was sleet that was falling here earlier, but it is now nice big fat snowflakes and they're bucketing down - best birthday EVAR!!!!

Heavy hail (maybe a bit of snow aswell) then rain shower here. Almost a whiteout with the hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Have added pics to the Weather Pictures forum of the snow in Ardee, Co. Louth :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowing here again:) I was beginning to think i seen the last of it for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭repr

Somebody asked about tomorrow and i will bedgrudgingly comment as i have to get some showers tonight!

Tonight is going to be mighty cold, as the winds veer west by 6am, temperatures will dip to -6c inland.

Following UKM alot of people will see some preceeded snow!

AHHHHHH Newsline, Lougbrickland........ looks so good:eek:

Yea saw that myself Armagh and parts of Down gettin hammered lucky people:D

Heavy showers to my north heavy showers to my south bloody typical:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

snowing nicely now- great big flakes and sticking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

Snow on the ground here (Ashbourne). There was some thunder and lightning about an hour ago, but has gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

proper snow not sleet falling in citywest area

MrVostro wrote: »
    Snow on the ground here (Ashbourne). There was some thunder and lightning about an hour ago, but has gone now.

Heard thunder in D15, but don't think there was any precip with it here..must have been distant, out your way.

edit - actually it's snowing now here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭hawkwing

snowing in castleknock now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Latest radar looks like the area of precip is increasing by a fair bit...
    Does "lake effect" snow not rely on daytime heating of the water surface? Or is the drop in temps after nightfall more condusive to snow formation?

hawkwing wrote: »
    snowing in castleknock now :)

Yeah, it's got a bit heavier..nice to see :) Lying on some surfaces at least, as far as I can tell.

Prolonged light rain here now.

Really cant believe it, but its true.

Everything is very wet.

Shower started as snow here then quickly turned to rain. I think thats pretty much it for coastal margins. Too marginal here as always. I was outside and tbh it just does not even feel cold enough. Inland will probrably see a dusting.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Shower started as snow here then quickly turned to rain. I think thats pretty much it for coastal margins. Too marginal here as always. I was outside and tbh it just does not even feel cold enough. Inland will probrably see a dusting.

:(

Its actually fair lashing rain outside now.

Gutted is the word, absolutely gutted.

I expected a lack of precip but not rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Aggr, tis wasted on ye lot..send some of that down to me and Arctictree :p

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Snowing lightly in Arklow now according to Tristrame, weird he hasn't posted here at all but is obviously reading as he is linking to posts here on TWO http://theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/forums/t/15072.aspx?PageIndex=17

Advertisement