Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Its dropped to -3.1c here but still clear. (DP of -5.6)

It would be mad if we got a heavy shower in at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Those showers are really pepping up in the Irish sea looking at the netweather 19:40 radar, a few miles inland and some places in the North East must be getting plastered tonight.

Not making any real headway south which frankly is driving me nuts!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Looks like its moving south a tad, we might get a covering?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Longfield wrote: »
    Those showers are really pepping up in the Irish sea looking at the netweather 19:40 radar, a few miles inland and some places in the North East must be getting plastered tonight.

Not making any real headway south which frankly is driving me nuts!

Same here, im going up the wall

arctictree wrote: »
    Its dropped to -3.1c here but still clear. (DP of -5.6)

It would be mad if we got a heavy shower in at this stage!

Dropping fast here too, only -1.7°C here but still falling pretty quick, looks like i'll beat my best yet of -3.3°C at this rate..a little bit of sneacta would be nice on top..doesn't look likely though.

I'd say you might be just about close enough to catch a coastal shower Arctictree if your very lucky, I reckon my chances are close to zero though ..bahh!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Flippin typical, i had this damn place.

Snow in Blancherstown, snow in Castleknock, snow in Belfast, snow in Meath, Ashbourme, Louth, Sutton.......

Rain here, rain!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Snowing lightly here for around an hour now, not sticking on the ground but the shed roof and cars are very slowly turning white!

Temp now +1.0C , DP -1.5C, wind has turned more Northerly than NE now.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Flippin typical, i had this damn place.

Snow in Blancherstown, snow in Castleknock, snow in Belfast, snow in Meath, Ashbourme, Louth, Sutton.......

Rain here, rain!!

:(

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I've just checked the 19:30 radar!!!

All I shall say is LOL. I wouldn't pick a better spot to be in for snow than where I am now. I note that the air seems somewhat warmer and some of the earlier snow melted where it was thin.

Currently we have about an inch on the driveway and 2 on the lawn. I've taken more pics.

Anyway, the radar seems highly suggestive of some sort of organised precipitation. I'll let more knowledgeable minds explain but is there some sort of shallow LP at work??

Edit: I suspected that dew points were rising as the wind chill effect backed off at the same time as the snow starting to melt a bit more. I've checked the latest METAR for Dublin Airport and dewpoints are hanging in there just below 0.

If it fals below -2.3°C by midnight will have my first zubzero average day, well thats me cheered up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

-3.5C here, was -5C coming back over the sally gap. It's gonna be cold here tonight! A bit of a flurry here atm actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ViDuchie

Snow in Tallaght now too.

No sign of it sticking. Just melting straight off. Need a good Plastering for that to happen.
    V

Anyway, the radar seems highly suggestive of some sort of organised precipitation. I'll let more knowledgeable minds explain but is there some sort of shallow LP at work??

I was just thinking it looked distinctly polar lowish except the damn thing aint gonna travel down the Irish sea and pummel the East coast with blizzards (or rain over WC's house :p )
    I'd say it'll probably continue to give rain and snow to those getting it now for a while before fizzling out or moving back into Scotland.

trogdor wrote: »
    -3.5C here, was -5C coming back over the sally gap. It's gonna be cold here tonight! A bit of a flurry here atm actually.

trogdor, where exactly is here? that doesnt sound like Bray conditions!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yeah - a bit puzzled by that one. NRA has Bray at +3.0c? Currently +3.1c here.

I'd say it'll probably continue to give rain and snow to those getting it now for a while before fizzling out or moving back into Scotland.
    Well that is a real pity.:p

I don't like those dewpoints... It's been snowing on and off since the last 30 minute dumping, yet the snow depth is stuck at an inch.

ViDuchie wrote: »
    Snow in Tallaght now too.

No sign of it sticking. Just melting straight off. Need a good Plastering for that to happen.
    V

This is killing me. Thats only 20 miles from here! And we have perfect conditions here too!

A

He's up at some holiday home near kippure. Nice place to be tonight!

light snow flurries here at the moment.
    The flakes are just wiggling their way down from the sky so elegantly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Clear sky here, not a whiff of a cloud. -4.2 and dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Snowing moderately newlands cross. :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

arctictree wrote: »
    This is killing me. Thats only 20 miles from here! And we have perfect conditions here too!

Killing you! I'm only approx. 3 miles away and I have nothing!!! boo-hoo

Although temps are dropping (currently +2.6c) but dewpoint is rsing (-0.8c).

Temp now +2.4c - has dropped 1.0c in half an hour - hopefully that means that the snow is near - hopefully!!!

Just discovered this:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html#flash

Snow falls expected in Down and Armagh over next couple of hours.

It seems that there's organisation in that band in the Irish sea, but I don't know how the UKMO spotted it at 6 pm. Met Eireann had forecasted the showers to die down in the 7pm forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Steady, at times heavy, snow here for last 15-20mins with small dry flakes has accumulated on paths and roads now. Snow on cars and grass from earlier never melted.The 20:00 radar looks pretty good for louth. Temp is -0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

snowing nicely in citywest heaviest its been today

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Been snowing here for some time now (Navan)

Heres a couple of photos i took a few minutes ago!

anyone have a time for the wind to change to the south west ?tomorrow morning? afternoon? etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

had our second heavy snowfall since 7pm just there in Ongar/Clonsilla to add to the lying snow from an hour earlier - just wonderful, everything gloriously white. keep those showers coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Shifty wrote: »
    Been snowing here for some time now (Navan)

Heres a couple of photos i took a few minutes ago!

Wow, you lucky soul, now get out there and have a snowball fight!

If there was that much lying on the road i would be knocking in to my 25 year old neighbours and getting a snowball fight going!

I remember around 4 years ago everybody on the road was out having a big one with the measly 2 inch fall! Gas stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

Light rain now in Artane - Snow earlier (7.15pm) stuck for a while then temp up to 2.2 and melted. Temp has dropped to 1.7 in last 5 mins, here's hoping;)

Advertisement