Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Referees

• 03-01-2008 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

I've noticed a real improvement in the overall standard of refereeing this season and football is enjoyable to watch again. Players don't seem to be diving as much either.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Kevster wrote: »
    What do you think?

I would agree but then I don't remember seeing Uriah Rennie refereeing a game. A coincidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Uriah Rennie
    Worst ref ever. He's a real nagger.

the refs aren't getting better. they are just more inconsistent than usual.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

DesF wrote: »
    Worst ref ever. He's a real nagger.

Whats a nagger, they all nag. Refereeing standards are as random as ever, one lunge gets a red, another gets a yellow, another gets a talking to.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Whats a nagger,
    Watch this clip ;)

oh, prob NSFW if your sound is on loud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

:eek: ... ...Do ye seriously not see an improvement? What about the way they now take a player away after a rash tackle or whatever and have a quiet word in their ear? In the past, you rarely saw a referee talking to a player. There was no connections between the two. It was like a blood school teacher and his students!

Uriah Rennie was bad but he is now refereeing in the lower leagues.

At least they aren't like that Indian referee recently who took out his gun during play... ...:p

I'm sure I saw him reffing in the PL over the Xmas, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I would agree but then I don't remember seeing Uriah Rennie refereeing a game. A coincidence?

He did the Man City Liverpool game last weekend so he is back

Ah, I knew it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Yeah, he wasn't too bad IMO, let the game flow as much as possible. And I thinki I remember him making a good call on a penalty box dive!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

...oh, yeh, I saw that Man City V Liverpool game but thought it was a lower league game due to how bad 'pool were playing ;)

PS - I'm a toffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Uriah Rennie is alright when he is ref and your playing at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

80' Torres and Dunne both go down in a heap in the City box. Liverpool fans think it's a penalty but referee Rennie waves play on.

58' City fans scream for a penalty after Vassell swings over a cross but ref Rennie says it hit Carragher's chest.
    2 good calls

:eek: ... ...Do ye seriously not see an improvement? What about the way they now take a player away after a rash tackle or whatever and have a quiet word in their ear? In the past, you rarely saw a referee talking to a player. There was no connections between the two. It was like a blood school teacher and his students!

At least they aren't like that Indian referee recently who took out his gun during play... ...:p
    No. Instead of the word in the ear, they just send everyone off. Too many red cards this season that could of been stopped by a quite word or the refs coming out and saying publicly that all rash tackles will be punished by a red card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Rennie was surprisingly good last weekend, he is normally very poor but was good in that match.

Mark Clattenburg is definitely the best in the league though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No. Instead of the word in the ear, they just send everyone off. Too many red cards this season that could of been stopped by a quite word or the refs coming out and saying publicly that all rash tackles will be punished by a red card.

it is a rule that 2 footbed lunges were to be red carded. The refs don't need to come out and say they will send people off for it - a player should not be attempting such a 'tackle' anyway.

I have to say i have agreed with the majority of red dcards i have seen this season; and i am delighted with the crack down on the two footed tackles, even the ones that do not make contact.

Melion wrote: »
    Rennie was surprisingly good last weekend, he is normally very poor but was good in that match.

Mark Clattenburg is definitely the best in the league though
    I agree with you.
    Mike Riley probably the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

rennie reffed the villa inter game in august, and ive never in my life seen such an inept performance from a ref

he was abysmal

Tauren wrote: »
    it is a rule that 2 footbed lunges were to be red carded. The refs don't need to come out and say they will send people off for it - a player should not be attempting such a 'tackle' anyway.

I have to say i have agreed with the majority of red dcards i have seen this season; and i am delighted with the crack down on the two footed tackles, even the ones that do not make contact.
    True. But alot of the reds this season cant be justified by a red card. Good to see the crack down but the consistency isnt there.

Advertisement