Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Academic Transcripts for second level

• 03-01-2008 4:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am begining a postgrad in Melbourne this year and need an academic transcript for my second level studies. I have my Degree and Masters and obviousy at home I didn't need to produce this form. I don't know where to order this, can anybody help me please. Has anyone ever requested this before?

Thanks for your help,

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't believe such a thing exists. Unless they mean the actual certificates which can be obtained from the State Examinations Commision. It might be worth clarifiying what they need exactly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think you need the results sheet they send out to you (it's on an A4 page) as opposed to the statement of results which is on a little piece of coloured paper in dot matrix print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

I suggest you check this out more carefully again. The form may sqay they need it, but do they really? In my university for a postgrad application we never look past the undergrad degree results. I doubt very much if any student 2+ years on after LC could find a results sheet at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Rosita

If you contact your second-level school, they will give you your Leaving Cert student number. With that you can apply to the Department of Education in Athlone for a transcript of your Leaving Cert results.

It is strange that a university, especially one in a different country to where the second-level exams were sat, would be interested in this sort of thing.

Advertisement