Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BEST route to work M1 v N2

Options
  • 03-01-2008 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Other starts work on Belcamp Lane next week.

Travelling from say Ardee which would be the better route to take to get to here.

Go down the M1 and pay 18e a week in tolls and turn off onto the M50 from the M1 taking the first exit at the roundabout.

Go down the N2 and and join M50 from new Ashbourne by pass head north on the M50 and continue to the last roundabout taking the second exit straight on.

Is there anyone out there who would do this trip in the mornings.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Traffic is heavy on the N2 route, you have to pass through a lot of small towns too. I've done both ways over the last few months going to and from Derry, I stopped using the N2 altogether after 3 trips, alot of trucks, and road works, plus towns like Slane make the journey fairly slow.

Depends what time of the morning of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Just drove from Ardee yesterday and took the N2. The new section (120KMH) is excellent but the M1 is by far the quickest option imo and worth the toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

She has to start work at nine o clock.

I have taken the N2 in the mornings when going to the Maher Hospital and is quicker than the M1. But I left at 6am in the morning, traffic was very quiet. Did get stuck behind three lorries and two buses once till Ashbourne.

The new section from Ashbourne to M50 is great.

Shes working beside Jurys there on that Malahide rd (I think thats what it is called).

Is the traffic queue at the M50 roundabout of the M1 busy in the mornings. What is the realistic waiting time there, considering she will be turing left and not right onto M50.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

M1 for me although it does get heavy at the Airport/M50 interchange.
    If she was clever she could get off at the airport and go the back road by Coachmans that'd bring her out at the new Bewley's but in honesty she may just be better off q'ing up like everyone else, it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Someone mentioned the Coachmans alright.

Thanks thats great.

Her journey time should be an hour or there abouts.

Are people still doing long commutes. Am lucking I work a mile away from work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement