Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N82 dead pixel

• 03-01-2008 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

hi all,

bought an N82 from a reputable shop in Singapore. The phone is perfect. 5 Mega pixel camera with xenon flash, GPS built in, WIFI etc etc. Just what I wanted. but... It has one dead pixel. It's barely noticeable unless looking at a totally white screen. Apparently Nokia won't replace it for me though because the phone is not covered by the European Warranty and I would need to exchange it in Singapore. Thats a bit difficult for me now. Besides it would cost 100euro to Fedex it back. Arghhh :(

Thinking of buying another one. My question is what is the prevalence of bad pixels? If I buy another N82 is it likely to have the same bad pixel issue? Do the faulty displays get created in batches or was I just unlucky. I have searched the web and found no other instance of any Asian produced Nokia N82 having any dead pixels at all.

I can probably sell the original N82 here in Ireland for 70% price to someone who would not be bothered by it.

Advertisement