Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bra Strap Marks

• 03-01-2008 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm a 34B and I wear sports bras for support, the problem is that rescently they have started to leave nasty sore red marks on my back, sides and under my boobs, you can see the track of the bra after i take it off.

Is it because of it beeing a sports bra, because i wear it in bed or is it too small.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Why do you wear it in bed?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

its gotten too small... best bet is to go to Arnotts (the only place i would recomend) and get a fitting.

View Profile... Some women find it very uncomfortable to go to bed without a bra on. Its quite normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sounds like its too small alright! I'd have thought only women with (forgive me) huge bazookas would find it uncomfortable not wearing a bra in bed? :confused: I'm a similar size to yourself and take it off every night, I read somewhere that it's bad for you to wear bras in bed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Yup, to echo everyone else it sounds like it's too small, go get yourself remeasured!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yes your bra's too small, and there's no benefit to wearing a bra in bed unless you suffer bad breast pain and then it should be a soft, comfortable one. Bras that are underwired or very tight in the underarm area should never be worn in bed, I read that it's bad for lymph drainage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

Why do you wear it in bed?!

i find it very uncomfortable going braless even though they are small and they're already sagging so i wear a bra in bed.

See attachment for the marks it leaves

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You should definitely go to Arnotts and get fitted properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Looks like it's definitely too tight. Get fitted and get some new bras.

I find sports bras to be overly tight, BTW, due to the nature of them (to stop boobs bouncing while exercising) and wouldn't wear them unless I was actually going exercising, and literally change back to a regular bra the minute I'm done, would you perhaps try an underwired cup for support?
    I never wear anything other than underwired, and I'd be a fair few cup sizes bigger than you and find them great for support and keeping everything in place. Get a decent brand in an underwire (triumph or whatnot) rather than a store's own brand, and you should find that the support is perfect.
    If you can tolerate it, try going one or two nights without a bra too, it's not meant to be advisable to wear one 24/7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

echosound wrote: »
    Looks like it's definitely too tight. Get fitted and get some new bras.

I find sports bras to be overly tight, BTW, due to the nature of them (to stop boobs bouncing while exercising) and wouldn't wear them unless I was actually going exercising, and literally change back to a regular bra the minute I'm done, would you perhaps try an underwired cup for support?
    I never wear anything other than underwired, and I'd be a fair few cup sizes bigger than you and find them great for support and keeping everything in place. Get a decent brand in an underwire (triumph or whatnot) rather than a store's own brand, and you should find that the support is perfect.
    If you can tolerate it, try going one or two nights without a bra too, it's not meant to be advisable to wear one 24/7.

Yeah....but OP, don't wear underwire in bed. Get a non-underwired non-sports bra for bed. Sports bras aren't built for support but to stop you bouncing - so they are not going to do what you want them to do at all. And to echo echosound, try going some nights with no bra.

Advertisement