Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron/Metal Gate ideas?

Options
  • 03-01-2008 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have what I would describe as the makings of a storage area i.e. three solid walls measuring 3m (L) x 1.5m (W). What I'd like to do is put a solid enough gate across the front of it to create a secure bike shed kind of space. I've seen it before where you'd buy either a pillar and hang the gate off that or hang the gate directly on the wall.

Please see my excellent sketch for reference :p

The gate would be roughly 2m in height and would need to be lockable from the outside.

Has anyone any ideas where I might go to get this done? Are there readymade gates available? I'm clueless here unfortunately :( I'd be happy to go with whatever is the most economical/secure option, as looks aren't of great importance.

Cheers

Advertisement