Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tall women

• 03-01-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

The thread on the hot Italian/Eastern European police women got me thinking. But this is a family bulletin board and this is probably not the forum for discussing what I am really thinking.

But one of the things I can talk about in public - tall women. They freak me. And then they go and put on the high-heels to further my discomfort.

So, would you go out with/date/see/marry/whatever-the-term-you-crazy-kids-are-using a woman that is taller than you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Id never marry a short arse thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

My bf is smaller than me, but if I was describing a "perfect date" the first thing I'd mention is that the guy has to be tall!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I like my wimmin to be shorter than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't mind. Have gone out with shorter and taller. Current gf is same height as me so when she puts heels on she is taller.

Why do tall women freak you out OP? Is it because you have to look up to them or that it's not normal with a girl being taller than the guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

i like the girls smaller than me , but not towering below me. 5ft5 is a nice height for a girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I wouldn't be put off by the ladies height. My missus is about the same height as me and when she wears heels she towers over me and I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm 6'6" so they are all smaller than me. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

I've dated both shorter and the same height but I've never met a girl taller (I know there are probably a few, I've just never met them) but I'd never date a shorter guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

If she was way taller than me, no. I wouldn't say anthing about her having a couple of extra inches (if she returned the favour - ta-dum tissch), but really tall women freak me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Wouldn't bother me as we're all pretty much the same height lying down;)

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    I'm 6'6" so they are all smaller than me. :cool:

Now that's just hot! 101.gif101.gif081.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Consider the facts.
    • Tall women tend to eat more than short women; hence are more expensive to keep.
    • Tall women can generally run faster than short women. Not always a good thing.
    • Long legs are nice ;)
    • Short women 'fit' better when you are cuddling up on a cold winter's night.
    • Women the same height as you can steal your trousers :(
    • Women the same height as you can 'share' their trousers ;)

Clearly, what's required here are women with interchangeable legs.

Think about it ... :cool:

As it happens, mrs trout is shorter than me ... but it was never a consideration in our courtin' days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

trout wrote: »
    It'll be like playing with Lego again. Although popping off a giant yellow head might be a little weird when you want a change of scenery...

Robbo wrote: »
    It'll be like playing with Lego again. Although popping off a giant yellow head might be a little weird when you want a change of scenery...

Wierd, maybe ... but think of the savings on hair 'product' ;)

Robbo wrote: »

Wurzel Gummage:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

I like tall women, not too tall though. Wouldn't go near a bird taller than 6'4" in heels. I'm 6'5" barefoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Wurzel Gummage:)
    PatrickC. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Consider the facts.
    • Tall women tend to eat more than short women; hence are more expensive to keep.
    • Tall women can generally run faster than short women. Not always a good thing.
    • Long legs are nice ;)
    • Short women 'fit' better when you are cuddling up on a cold winter's night.
    • Women the same height as you can steal your trousers :(
    • Women the same height as you can 'share' their trousers ;)

Think about it ... :cool:

Brother Trout, yet again I salute your superior reasoning skills on matters of such vital importance.

There are far too many innuendos in there for me at the moment (head, leg-over, fit, etc.), I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Normal service will resume shortly. Ahem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sure we all know size does not matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

walt0r wrote: »
    I like tall women, not too tall though. Wouldn't go near a bird taller than 6'4" in heels. I'm 6'5" barefoot.

wooo thats tall!! wish i was taller im only 5'1and a bit", get to wear nice heels tho

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

patrickc wrote: »
    i like the girls smaller than me , but not towering below me. 5ft5 is a nice height for a girl

oh, i am 5ft 2", that's me out for you then :(

*ahem*, sometimes it does:p

i was watching a documentary on Discovery the other day about the worlds tallest woman (some chinese bird), anyway, i pointed out at the time, she would never get a shag 'cos men would be intimidated by her height. :cool:

irishbird wrote: »

Hang on, since when did BGRH turn into a dating site? Although a bit of romance between the Brothers and some of the wimmins would be, em, interesting. :D
    i was watching a documentary on Discovery the other day about the worlds tallest woman (some chinese bird), anyway, i pointed out at the time, she would never get a shag 'cos men would be intimidated by her height. :cool:

And therein lies the problem - men are intimidated by women that are bigger than them. Well I am. If the wimmins are smaller, then we are in control. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

I'm 5ft 3.5". W00t!

/o/

\o\

I've never dated a chick taller than me, and I don't really intend on it.

smashey wrote: »
    PatrickC. :D

you called?

walt0r wrote: »

***SWOONS***

All these tall men are giving me bad thoughts 101.gif:D

I'm 6' , 6'3" in heels so I tend to go for flat shoes/boots unless it's a special occassion or I'd be towering over everyone. I'd love to be shorter though because it just makes passing easier

thats ideally my other half is only 5ft1

Kazobel wrote: »
    I'm 6' , 6'3" in heels so I tend to go for flat shoes/boots unless it's a special occassion or I'd be towering over everyone. I'd love to be shorter though because it just makes passing easier

I'm 6' too ... in almost all directions :o

whaddya mean by 'passing' ? :confused:

AAAGGGH. You had to ask, didn't you?

I'm taking bets that it is neither wind nor urine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm 6'2 and I'd go out with a burd taller than me provided she had a smashing pair of bristols.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Ahhh, the sad, plaintive mating call of short people the world over....

For me, the woman has to be shorter. The last thing you want is to be able to see her nose hair everytime you look up at her. Its all right for the girlies to see the blokes nose hair 'cos we're supposed to have it; it's manly like, but never good for a woman to show any signs of hairyness in the nasal area.

Walking past people carrying umbrellas, the f*ckers always get you in the eye when you're tall! 093.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've dated all sizes in my day & preferred shorter wimmins. But that said, I'm married now to Mrs Billy who is an inch taller than me. Thankfully she doesn't wear heels.

Walking past people carrying umbrellas, the f*ckers always get you in the eye when you're tall! 093.gif
    Joking aside, I HATE small wimmin for this. Wtf is wrong with a hat to keep the rain off ffs?

deswalsh wrote: »
    but never good for a woman to show any signs of hairyness in the nasal area.
    Why do Spanish men have moustaches?

So they can look like their wives.

DesF wrote: »
    Joking aside, I HATE small wimmin for this. Wtf is wrong with a hat to keep the rain off ffs?

I know, it wreaks my head too, you practically need protective goggles walking down O'Connell street in the rain :mad:

• Advertisement

*ahem*, sometimes it does:p

5ft 2" is a very nice height for a lady. Have to say only been out with 1 girl bigger than me, it was weird and people were giving us stange looks, but maybe that was because she was way out of my league.

Ze goggles, zey do nathink.

but maybe that was because she was way out of my league.
    gtfo.

Dude, I know this isn't PI, but you can NEVER EVER think that about yourself.

What guys are "in her league" and what makes them better than you?

Dude, you go through life with that kind of attitude, you are going to end up very sad and miserable.

I know, I was like that for a few years in my late teens early twenties.

Now I know I'm God's Gift, and nobody is telling me otherwise.

try being small, you are taking your live in your hands with those bloody great big golfing umbrellas:mad:

gtfo.

Really :eek:

try being small, you are taking your live in your hands with those bloody great big golfing umbrellas:mad:

Well to be fair you don't get many people playing golf down O'Connell street 081.gif081.gif

• Advertisement

God, like everyone else this Christmas, has been giving out piss poor gifts:D

gtfo.

Dude, I know this isn't PI, but you can NEVER EVER think that about yourself.

What guys are "in her league" and what makes them better than you?

Dude, you go through life with that kind of attitude, you are going to end up very sad and miserable.

I know, I was like that for a few years in my late teens early twenties.

Well i just thought that because she was older than me and well i am not blest with good looks.

God, like everyone else this Christmas, has been giving out piss poor gifts:D
    Feck off you :)
    Well i just thought that because she was older than me and well i am not blest with good looks.
    It doesn't matter, even if she's older than you.

Sometimes if the woman is older than you, then it's even better.

And our "Personal Issues Moment" today was brought to you by DesF.

LOL, will fecking eejects please move over to the ladies lounge, there are cocktails waiting in the bar for you over there :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

i'm about 5'5/5'6.

prefer men to be taller than me, don't find men that are shorter than me appealing.

LOL, will fecking eejects please move over to the ladies lounge, there are cocktails waiting in the bar for you over there :rolleyes:

Yes, Des, she is talking to you. Toddle over and get yourself a cosmopolitan or whatever it is you crazy metrosexuals are drinking these days.

Metro? I don't effin' think so!

Told yiz...God's Gift I am. :D

Metro? I don't effin' think so!

Told yiz...God's Gift I am. :D

oh course, dearie. dont you listen to the bad men in here. now off you over to Nangors Wine Bar, like a good man :p

oh course, dearie. dont you listen to the bad men in here. now off you over to Nangors Whine Bar, like a good man :p

Fixed:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement