Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st 2008 Weekend Betting(FA CUP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sh1ts hiting the fan left right and centre -

Blackburn 0 2 Coventry,
    Everton 0 1 Oldham,
    Sunderland 0 - 2 Wigan,
    Ipwich 1 - 0 Pompey.

Mike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

mike65 wrote: »
    Sh1ts hiting the fan left right and centre -

Blackburn 0 2 Coventry,
    Everton 0 1 Oldham,
    Sunderland 0 - 2 Wigan,
    Ipwich 1 - 0 Pompey.

Mike.

also bolton 0-1 sheff utd

Swansea are still being held.

Most bets today are on fire by now I imagine. The fourth round draw will be more interesting.

Mike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

IrishMike wrote: »
    Light at the end of a very dark tunnel perhaps?
    Carlisle 2-1 down now and rangers still only 2-0 after 60mins

3-2 now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Hell yeah and rangers won 2-0
    Won €220
    Come on everton would take my winnings to the €300 mark which would get me out of a right hole!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Damage Limitations!! some evening hope. Have a €10 accum and €2 treble total stake of €18 for around €133 which would leave me up €40 for today.

VILLA +1 5/6
    VILLARREAL WIN&DRAW 8/13
    OVER 2.5 BARCAvMALLORCA 4/5
    SPORTING LISBON 4/6

Threw €80 on villa united to be a draw @ 7-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Rooney may well come on and **** that up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

I stuck 50 on utd to win.Your bet is looking the better of the 2 so far

Forky wrote: »

He may also come on and rescue a draw for united if they were 1-0 down.
    Im more a glass half full kind of person ;)

• Advertisement

He may also come on and rescue a draw for united if they were 1-0 down.
    Im more a glass half full kind of person ;)

Glass half full, pocket half empty. ;):D

I hate u ronaldo, i hate u so very very much

:eek:
    thats just scary :D

:eek:
    thats just scary :D
    I'm scared too! :eek:

;)

I'm down 1 euro today ;)

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm down 1 euro today ;)

Mike.

I'm down 50 thanks to oldham mainly.

Lost 40 the other night on Liverpool

have 20 on the american football. Seattle Seahawks, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars at 3.06, so hopefully claw a bit back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Good stuff, got utd at 13/10 at half time so thats a bit of money back. Have 80 quid on newcastle tomorrow at 11/8 so hopefully that comes through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

I really dont understand where some people are coming from on this forum! they place their bets and post them here. Then all of sudden when things are going wrong they magically have a few quid on another bet and they are out of a hole!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

paulizei wrote: »
    Singles
    ========
    Barrow @ 9/4 and win/draw @ 8/11. Fail
    Coventry + 2 Win
    and Ipswich + 1 @ 4/6 each. Fail (cos of red card :o)
    Gloucester City, 13/8 win, Fail
    Gloucester City 4/7 win/draw Win.
    Brechin. In form side away to rubbish Berwick. 4/5. Win

Main combo Fail
    ==========
    Barrow And Draw. Fail
    Carlisle. Top side v bottom side with many players out.Win
    Rochdale. Fail Good unbeaten run apart from draws with Mansfield and Wrexham. E2a: They have trouble with the bottom teams it seems.
    Inverness. Strong home record, have taken -1 handicap as well. Win
    Hamilton. Top side on plastic pitch v bottom side. Fail ffs
    Ebbsfleet United. Win
    QPR +3. Safer than + 2 but still good value @ 1/2. Win

Not a great day needless to say.

Small combo this evening.
    ======
    Rouen +1
    Valenciennes +1
    Auxerre
    Benfica
    Barcelona

Double
    =======
    Barcelona first goal
    Benfica first goal

lolkelly wrote: »
    I really dont understand where some people are coming from on this forum! they place their bets and post them here. Then all of sudden when things are going wrong they magically have a few quid on another bet and they are out of a hole!!

Who?

• Advertisement

My 1 euro acc for tomorrow

Porto @ 1.20
    Valencia @ 1.36
    Real Madrid @ 1.33
    Panathinaikos @ 1.14

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Who?

Totally agree with lolkelly. It makes me question the credibility of some people in here.

Prime example from the Bolton match the other day:
    paulizei wrote:
    Small profit from Man City CS. Stuck a fiver on Bolton to score in last 5 mins. Well done on the win jacky.

That's after the match. Ah come on! Regardless of if it was really on or not how many losing bets do we not know about too?

Pointless.

Totally agree with that.
    We all hate aftertiming and if theres not something in the charter about it there should be.

Hard to make this forum out sometimes.

Totally agree with lolkelly. It makes me question the credibility of some people in here.

Prime example from the Bolton match the other day:

That's after the match. Ah come on! Regardless of if it was really on or not how many losing bets do we not know about too?

Pointless.
    Shut it. I posted that literally 1 or 2 mins before Bolton scored. Look at the time of the post ffs. If you were paying attention, you would have noticed. I do not after event. Got it? :)

e2a: Backed Bolton in the 85th or 86th minute, 5 mins to go as I said, just before PP closed the market, they scored in the 91st iirc.
    The City game started 15 minutes earlier than Bolton so it might have looked like after eventing, I'll grant you that. But check your facts first before posting rubbish please.

Totally agree with that.
    We all hate aftertiming and if theres not something in the charter about it there should be.

Hard to make this forum out sometimes.
    Most other forums would not tolerate your 'get on' malarkey in fairness. :) Anyone who claims they don't give reasons for picks because they're not being paid is no use to anyone else on a betting forum. Most other places have threads for picks with analysis and a separate thread for picks with no reasons required, and sometimes livescore threads for bet-in-play picks like my Bolton one. It's fine as it is here imo, but that's what we should have maybe.

paulizei wrote: »
    Shut it. I posted that literally 1 or 2 mins before Bolton scored. Look at the time of the post ffs. If you were paying attention, you would have noticed. I do not after event. Got it? :)

e2a: Backed Bolton in the 85th or 86th minute, 5 mins to go as I said, just before PP closed the market, they scored in the 91st iirc.

Apologies paulizei, I wasn't singling you out just the most recent example I could think off. My mistake :(

There's loads at it though and it's a load of crap. I don't mind if someone posts I've backed 3 teams and two are in and looking for advice on a lay. It's the 'I landed a 6-fold today with 50 on it' brigade I detest.

Apologies paulizei, I wasn't singling you out just the most recent example I could think off. My mistake :(

There's loads at it though and it's a load of crap. I don't mind if someone posts I've backed 3 teams and two are in and looking for advice on a lay. It's the 'I landed a 6-fold today with 50 on it' brigade I detest.
    Apology accepted sir. Sorry for being sharp with you. I think sometimes people get a bit too excited about a win and can't help posting about it. It is annoying though as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I think it's unfair to suggest after timing in this forum. In fairness, more often than not, Mike, Paulizei and Jameshayes are the ones that post prior to kick off more than anyone else and aren't ashamed to acknowledge when they lose. I'm going to after time now and list my accum from today:

Norwich
    Cardiff
    Rotherham
    Notts Co
    Blackburn
    Sunderland
    Portsmouth
    Watford

That'll show just how prolific I am. :o I didn't have PC access before kick off so couldn't post but as bad as my picks were I'm not ashamed to admit it. I've had 1 lovely accum lately and it's great to get it but wins like that are few and far between. Let anyone who wants to criticise post their accums prior to kick off anymore.

I think it's unfair to suggest after timing in this forum. Let anyone who wants to criticise post their accums prior to kick off anymore.

Why is it unfair? It happens quite a bit.
    Let anyone who wants to criticise post their accums prior to kick off anymore.

I always do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Why is it unfair? It happens quite a bit.

On the rare occasion it might happen I think it's a case (certainly in my own case) that when things are going wrong you look to get out by whatever means possible and in fairness posting here wouldn't be top priority at a time like that. It's good to get the 'I got out of jail' off your chest afterwards :D. I don't think it's a case of making up a money back bet just for the sake of it.

I always do!

Yeah, I can't dispute that - all I'm saying is that the 3 guys I mentioned tend to post their initial bets more than anyone else.

Advertisement