Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

posted money in normal envelope to s.america

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Hi All,

have a friend who sent a letter (not registered) to s.america containing €150.
    when it arrived in s.america the letter had been opened,money removed and the letter with torn envelope was in a new an-post envelope with the same destination address.
    its seems pretty clear that someone in An Post scanned for the money, removed it and then sent in another envelope.
    I know my friend should have sent registered post or via bank but was wondering do people on here have any similar stories?

I dont think theres much point complaining to An post as I guess they wi8ll do nothing

BR

Live and learn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

hmmm ... OP tell your friend he's a dumbass for sending money through the post

that's about it in terms of advice

Advertisement