Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Railing around Spain

• 03-01-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are going to be railing around Spain for a couple of weeks in June. We're gonna fly into Seville spend a couple of days there, catch a train to Madrid, then onto Valencia and finally to Barcelona before heading home.

Has anyone got any suggestions for things to do, places to see, stay and eat?

We'll be going the middle of June and may or may not head to Barcelona (have heard some really bad reports - but that's for another thread) so any suggestions for other possible destinations would be great too!

Cheers!

Electric

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gatsby

If you are down near Seville, i would recommend heading over to Granada. I spent a month railing around Spain a couple of years ago and the Allahmbra was definately the hightlight of the trip. I stayed the the Oasis hostel in the old Moorish district which was pretty cool.

Seville is a nice town to walk around. Lots of cool old buildings.

I've stayed in the Cats hostel in m=Madrid a couple of times and always had a laugh there. Madrid is cool but its not a pretty city. Some great art museums and the royal palace is fantastic. A day trip to Toledo would be top of my lists of things to do in Madrid. I would recommend a trip out to Segovia aswell.

Barcelona's good points far outweigh its bad ones so if you do have time you should go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Donostia / San Sebastian absolutely kicks ass. It's Europe's only city with a surf beach (as well as a beautiful lay about and suntan beach), there's next to no lager louts, it's one of the highest regarded places in Spain for cuisine, the weather's fantastic and it's just a beautiful place to boot.

It's full of Spanish people on holidays but you'll get a handful of backpackers from all over the world too.

Advertisement