Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a phone

• 03-01-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭

Hey

In the market for a new phone and looking for recommendations. I am looking for one with music storage capabilities mp3, good camera and a radio

Was looking at Nokia N 70 or N73 or E65 but Sony phones look good also. On the Vodafone network so have to check their website is it cheaper to buy online with them

Anyone got any recommendations ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

SONY ERICSSON W300i,,,,very good..E100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Hey

In the market for a new phone and looking for recommendations. I am looking for one with music storage capabilities mp3, good camera and a radio

Was looking at Nokia N 70 or N73 or E65 but Sony phones look good also. On the Vodafone network so have to check their website is it cheaper to buy online with them

Anyone got any recommendations ?

Sony Ericsson K800i, only €129 when you buy online and you also get €120.00 free credit. The camera is 3.2million pixels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Narrowing this down still

Nokia 6500 slider -- good phone but seems not to be available with vodafone even though its in their brochure anyone know ?

Nokia 6288 Again good looking phone but read the camera shots are awful
    anyone got any reviews ?

N70 / N73 -- Bit of a price difference between the 2 and the only difference seems to be the increase in pixels in the Camera

Sony K800i Good camera and radio does it have memory card

Leaning more to N70 but its bulky and seemingly hard to use keys to text

Want one also with memory card and then buy a larger mb on ebay or somewere

Reading the reviews on gsmarena.com but looking for any views on the above

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Barlow07 wrote: »
    Sony Ericsson K800i, only €129 when you buy online and you also get €120.00 free credit. The camera is 3.2million pixels.

Hmmmm I'm interested in that phone as k850i is taking ages to come out.
    What are the best shops to buy online?

I am on Meteor Billpay and the K800i is not on billpay. So if I buy it separately I can use it that way.

Checked out the Sony K800i and it looks like a great phone. Only problem is as a Nokia man have to get use to the text should be no problem. Also would get an upgrade in the memory card.

Was looking at the K850i but this is not available on the vodafone network yet, this has a 5 mega pixel camera. Knowing my look they will bring it out next week and the price of the K800i will go down

The fore runners seem to be the K800i and the Nokia N73. They both seem to have the same features and the same bulkyness about them. Bit of a price diff about €80 extra for the N73 and this is whats leaning me towards the K800i

Is the sound good on the K800i for listening to music ?

Any bad points about it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Without wanting to hi-jack the thread too much... I'm in the same boat myself and had been considering the 6500 slider on 3. On meteor at the moment but the prospect of free msn & skype and the odd bit of internet browsing and email checking is a dangling carrot.

Any opinions on the 6500 on 3?

rymus wrote: »
    Without wanting to hi-jack the thread too much... I'm in the same boat myself and had been considering the 6500 slider on 3. On meteor at the moment but the prospect of free msn & skype and the odd bit of internet browsing and email checking is a dangling carrot.

Any opinions on the 6500 on 3?

Just looked at this now yes it is very tempting looks like 3 maybe my new network if anyone has opions on this phone would love to hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Am due an upgrade and looking at 6500 on 3 also.
    Go onto www.gsmarena.com and you can have a look at it, it also has users opinions, wsa looking at the shine but on that site the 6500 is marked better.

Gets good reviews on gsmarena only fault is no cover for the lens

Was in the 3 store in Grafton st this phone is not Skype compatible but not going to let that turn me off

Have to use up all my credit on my vodafone as think this 3 phone is the one that I want to quote a famous song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

hey Gunner, I got a N73 over on adverts, like new. bought it march 2007.

cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

I dropped my nokia 6234 yesterday and it hopped into the road and got ran over !!
    I ordered a k800i online off Vodafone at 11:00am yesterday( managed to rescue the sim card ) and got it today , man thats a fast service , free delivery too. I got the phone in an upgrade pack for 179 with 120 euro worth of credit.

So really I got the phone for 59 euro.

I'd recommend one of these ( reservedly cos Ive only been playing with it for one day ) but so far everything seems excellent and the camera is way better than anything Nokia have at that price.

The 850i will probably come out this year but it will be expensive , if I remember correctly the 800i was 350 euro when it came out.

mathias wrote: »
    I dropped my nokia 6234 yesterday and it hopped into the road and got ran over !!
    I ordered a k800i online off Vodafone at 11:00am yesterday( managed to rescue the sim card ) and got it today , man thats a fast service , free delivery too. I got the phone in an upgrade pack for 179 with 120 euro worth of credit.

So really I got the phone for 59 euro.

I'd recommend one of these ( reservedly cos Ive only been playing with it for one day ) but so far everything seems excellent and the camera is way better than anything Nokia have at that price.

The 850i will probably come out this year but it will be expensive , if I remember correctly the 800i was 350 euro when it came out.

Just wait until the joystick starts not working!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I have two K800's and the joystick has not gone on either,

I have two K800's and the joystick has not gone on either,

Must have been just the crap one I got, but then it was 6 months old when it broke.

According to Meteor it will cost €249 on BillPay. It was in their Christmas catalogue but looks like a late January/early February release.
    Sim free it'll cost €400-500.

Was in the 3 store in Grafton st this phone is not Skype compatible but not going to let that turn me off

Says on the 3 website that it is skype compatible... either the website or the sales person has their story wrong.

Says on the 3 website that it is skype compatible... either the website or the sales person has their story wrong.

Yeah see the below

Compatible With
    Windows Live Messenger compatible
    Google
    Bluetooth
    Last updated: Jan 10, 2008

Will print this page off their website and show it to them & see how it can be set up to be compatible with Skype ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

According to Meteor it will cost €249 on BillPay. It was in their Christmas catalogue but looks like a late January/early February release.
    Sim free it'll cost €400-500.

Billpay is not for me , its prepay only here folks , so Im doomed to always have a year old phone at least , I dont use it nearly enough to warrant billpay and 400 for a phone is too much for me. Still , it would be nice if money was no object.

What are 3 like as a network getting mixed reviews here

also can 6500 phone be unblocked from 3 network?

Re the Nokia 6500

Rang up the customer service of 3 and was told that 6500 is compatible with Skype

Went into their shop and sales rep said it was not based on views from his customers

Went into the carphone warehouse and was told 3 reps know nothing and it is compatible

Went into phone shop on Camden Street to see if I can get this phone unblocked and they said no

2mb card with them is €40 and with the carphone warehouse its €40

That is how I spent my lunch break

Also anyone know if you can transfer credit on a ready to go phone to another, doubt it

I have about €17 left on it and if I transfer to 3 I will loose it. Otherwise its calling everyone I know

• Advertisement

Billpay is not for me , its prepay only here folks , so Im doomed to always have a year old phone at least , I dont use it nearly enough to warrant billpay and 400 for a phone is too much for me. Still , it would be nice if money was no object.

True.
    TBH billpay only costs me on average about €35 P/M. That's less than €10 P/W.

(The GF is on Meteor also BTW)

so it is skype compatible... good news. glad to see you didnt have a wasted lunchtime. Can't you just use the 17 euro before you move to 3?

so it is skype compatible... good news. glad to see you didnt have a wasted lunchtime. Can't you just use the 17 euro before you move to 3?

Used the Buddy text on vodafone and transfered amount over to missus well chuffed

Now I am off to get my new phone :D

Used the Buddy text on vodafone and transfered amount over to missus well chuffed

Now I am off to get my new phone :D

Hi Gunner, will you post some feedback on the phone when you receive it as I'm looking to get it.

Well got the phone yesterday Nokia 6500 slideer still trying to figure it out

First thing is first it does not have Skype on it at the moment so you cannot make Skype calls who knows when it will

Sim card took me a while to figure out but goes in horizontally and the memory card just above it

Put about 3 mp3 songs on phone it and the memory was full this correct ? Should I convert them to another format ?

Also battery went down pretty quick while messing with it is there any way of saving this ?

Camera pretty good just took a few snaps

Have not browsed the net yet on it

Also trying to figure out how to set up pin number and voicemail.

Any other questions let me know

You pin number is default to 0000 on all 3 sims so you will have to change to what ever you want.
    The battery is probly not fully charged, I was recommended in Carphone to let it go fullly dead first then charge over night.
    As for memory with 3 songs I'm no tech expert but that can't be correct:confused:
    Did you download then off the 3 music store or bluetooth them to the phone?

Going into 3 store at lunch as on my last chance re pin and try and get any info from them

Used Nokia suite to transfer 3 mp3 songs over to and it would not transfer any more ??

Recharged the phone overnight but still using 2 phones as number has not changed they said 24-48 hours

Advertisement