Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Scrubs

• 03-01-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Is the new series(us with all the babies) as painfully slow and rehashed as I have found it so far up to episode 5?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Yes but I found that with teh last series...and the one before that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah it's been rubbish for a couple of years now. I just watch the cousins tapes out of habit at this stage.

Once they toned the Coxer down it was all she wrote. Then it finally jumped the shark when all these sprogs started popping out all over the place. The point to JD is that he is an overgrown child. Can't find that notion charming anymore if he's a dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

i still love it. season 7 is de last i think so im sure the last few episodes will be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the past couple of seasons have been rubbish

they have a lot of characters that now are surplus to requirements and they don't know what to do with them

the Janitor and Dr. Cox are really pointless now because they were really there for JD's early years as a doctor
    the writers have nothing new to do with them now and give them the silliest little lines

also why did they make them both 'nice' ?
    they both worked at the hospital for a long time before JD showed up and they just magically changed?
    it's really boring when they're nice

also Elliot seems very redundant now, although I never liked her
    it's really sad, scrubs used to be my favourite show in the world but after season 4 it lost the magic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

<SNIP>

EDIT: No links to streaming episodes please. Please read the charter before posting.

up to date

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

just saw the explaination of how jd got the new girl pregnant, he never got actually have sex with her, ahahahahahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

well for those uptodate with US scrubs that last episode
    Kelso leaving
    was the most depressing episode since
    Dr Cox's best buddy died

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Tonights episode was god awful. Worst episode of the program along with that Iraq war crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did they ever decide what was happening with the end of the final series after the writers strike? re they goign to finish it/go straight to dvd/a movie etc or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think there is going to be one more series and NBC brought them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

tonight was fairly dismal alright ... what a waste of a programme ... It's a far cry from the cast that first started out in series1 ... miss the naievity and innocence and plain mischievious of the characters, sadly lacking in this final series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Scrubs has really slipped - and I'm tired of it ending in a really negative tone. Started a long time ago and has just continued!

I remember the irony of one last scene where JD is watching TV to escape (the one where he imagines everything as a sitcom and the patient, who is an actor, doesn't end up with cancer) yet depresses viewers who have tuned into a "comedy" to escape.

Also agree with others who have said that some of the characters are diluted...Times like this I wish they would just cut the cord.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Should have gone a long time ago. Maybe Season 4. Going into Simpsons territory now. Actors getting a truckful of money, turning up to earn their wages, with seemingly very little interest. Tired writers, not sure whether the final episode of the current season will be the end or not. Its a sad impression of a program that I used to enjoy.

And how many more times will the Elliott-J.D. storyline be brought up or rehashed....Will they-won't they, I actually don't care at this stage!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Dman001 wrote: »
    I think there is going to be one more series and NBC brought them.

Nearly right. It was shown on NBC, but it's produced by ABC studios... When NBC announced their next season of TV shows, Scrubs was not on it, so many think it's going to be on ABC.

Seemingly they have started shooting a season 8 of 18 episodes, but no word as to where it will be shown and when...

with season7 being this bad i can't imagine what season8 will be like ... they should leave it at this IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I actually liked Season 6 after what I considered a couple of below-par seasons before it (well, mainly 4, couldn't stand Heather Grahem). But I haven't been fond of Season 7 at all so far and, after reading the above spoiler about
    Dr. Kelso leaving
    it really dampens my motivation to continue.
    Seriously, Dr. Kelso?! He's one of the best things about the show! Was it forced or did they just write him out?

it has been my understanding that season 7 is the final season and its not even finished, that it will end with a single direct to DVD movie - links to season 8 info please?

I actually liked Season 6 after what I considered a couple of below-par seasons before it (well, mainly 4, couldn't stand Heather Grahem). But I haven't been fond of Season 7 at all so far and, after reading the above spoiler about
    Dr. Kelso leaving
    it really dampens my motivation to continue.
    Seriously, Dr. Kelso?! He's one of the best things about the show! Was it forced or did they just write him out?

have to agree about your spolier ... just won't be the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

User45701 wrote: »
    it has been my understanding that season 7 is the final season and its not even finished, that it will end with a single direct to DVD movie - links to season 8 info please?

It's all rumours and stuff still, but try these:

http://www.nationalledger.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=23&num=19342

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=27bd7007-17a3-4b43-9b80-011d425995ec&utm_campaign=xxltfp&utm_source=xjljqfejb&utm_medium=link

Zach Braff's blog on myspace:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=97669648&blogID=387269933

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

It does indeed look like their will be a season 8 with it switching to ABC, at least this is the general feeling, whether this is a good or bad thing remains to be seen however i fear for the worst.

I believe season 5 would have been a good place to leave it with a few modifications to wrap up a few things. The past few seasons have been weak and its disappointing. Some of the characters have certainly gone to s**t to be honest. Eliot is just useless at this stage, Carla is more annoying than ever, they have changed Dr Cox and he no longer goes on some of his brilliant rants, Jordan is actually the most worst character and really bugs me, Janitor has become a bit nicer but still has some good moments. JD has become repetitve and is getting a bit old, I actually think Turk is one of the best characters at the moment.

The whole point of the show was JD's experience as a new doctor which is no longer relevant after 7 year and I feel they don't know where they want to go with the show. They should leave it where it is, another season will just drag it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Good ol' RTÉ showed next weeks US episode this week :pac: (My Princess).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Yeah, I saw that! Was it the finale, or will there be another episode? I didn't like the way it ended...

I think RTE skipped two episodes, My Dumb Luck and My Waste Of Time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Yeah, I saw that! Was it the finale, or will there be another episode? I didn't like the way it ended...
    My Princess is the penultimate, My Commitment is the last one. So, 3 more to go on RTÉ, including the ones Dman mentioned.

I think RTE skipped two episodes, My Dumb Luck and My Waste Of Time.

with RTE being at their usual best they might actually show the above after the finale :)
    My Princess is the penultimate, My Commitment is the last one. So, 3 more to go on RTÉ, including the ones Dman mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

i actually dont watch past season 4 as every episode ive watched after that is crap! over using the janitor in a bad way giving him stupid jokes not like the snappy one liners he had in the 1st 3-4 series!
    also its a joke the amount of bits that e4 take out of each episode half the feckin jokes are gone almost!

I've been re-watching series1 and the episode with kelso and "my tuscalusa heart :D" is their any more mentions of that in the upcoming episodes does anyone know ... thought that was funny when he started singing to his "bunny"

Eh.....am I missing something?

The last episode I watched
    was 7.11 and it had Dr. Kelso back without explanation. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that episode was produced before the other one, even thought it aired later.
    confused the shizzle out of me too.

Ah, thanks.

The episode had an interesting concept...but I thought it was still pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Eh.....am I missing something?

The last episode I watched
    was 7.11 and it had Dr. Kelso back without explanation. :confused:
    It was a whole jumble between switiching from ABC to NBC, and the writer's strike I think. I guess NBC thought that it would make a better finale to the season than 7.10. Couldn't have been more wrong, I thought it was a terrible episode compared to 7.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TutuKaka

Man (or men and ladies) I remember the day my whole house took off work on a 'sickie' to watch a full season of Scrubs in one day. We had beer, cake and chocolate and we sat there and laughed ourselves silly.

Did I mention I lived with nurses?
    And they got me scrubs to wear and they wore their uniforms? Did I mention that? Oh well, guess you had to be there.

thanks for sharing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

So how long before we get to see another episode of Scrubs then?

Just watched My Princess, not great.

I'm hooked on Scrubs as if it were a soap. It's not really funny any more, though it has its moments still.

• Advertisement

There will be one more episode on RTE next week.

Fav moment in Scrubs: JD wonders how he can communicate with a Germand patient and he imagines them dancing to the 99 Red Balloons song in a room with red balloons.
    Also, the episodes with Ben in were good.

There will be one more episode on RTE next week.
    I meant season 7 ;)

If it was on purpose rather than a mix up, then it was stupid.
    Aside from the obvious unexplainable presence of Kelso, they'd also been blatently starting yet another JD/Elliott arc. At the end of 7X09 they had the two of them sitting down to coffee with Sam, looking like parents. Turk and Karla then get an excited look on their faces and run off as if it weren't obvious enough to us what was happening. So, the end of 7X10 is really at odds with what they were building up.

Yeah but it seems NBC won't be airing any more episodes, so they didn't want to end the show's run on their network with a cliffhanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

It was good for the first couple of seasons, until they ran out of all the witty ideas that got it on T.V in the first place. Since then it's been a cheesey, moral flaunting pile of gooey crap. It happens a lot with decent shows when they go on too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It was confirmed today that it's moving to ABC , according to Zach braff's blog..
    Dear friends,

Many of you have been understandably confused by the Fairy Tale episode of Scrubs serving as the series finale. It was not. I was not allowed to say it until today, but Scrubs will be moving to ABC for its final season. We are currently filming the 8th and final season. The true finale of the show will air on ABC in the fall. NBC merely promoted the Fairy Tale episode as the finale, as it was the last episode they owned.

Fairy tale episode was awful! And ended in the now-traditional depressing Scrubs fashion...Got E4 though on FTA and got to enjoy some classic episodes of it! Yay!

🤪

ye kelso being back made no sence and confused the **** out of me...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Funnily enough it would appear RTE showed "My Princess" in the correct order - and we gave out about them! Their airing order makes far more sense than NBCs and presumably is closer to the production order.

Advertisement