Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cant pop the boonet on Toyota Avensis!

Options
  • 03-01-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I've popped the boonet a few times on my Toyota Avensis D4D so i know who to do it. Pul the leave under the steering wheel and then the boonet pops up slightly and i can then slip my hand in and slip the catch so it opens.

But now when i pull that little handle under the steering wheel nothing happens. The boonet doesnt come up so i can slip the 2nd catch.

Anybody able to advise how i can get it open now?

Many thanks
    ~W :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have someone else pull and hold the lever as far as they can while you press down on the bonnet (taking care not to dent it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Anan1 wrote: »
    Have someone else pull and hold the lever as far as they can while you press down on the bonnet (taking care not to dent it).

I'd say the cable has stretched. Had this problem on a ford fusion my wife had.

I solved it by getting a long nosed pliers and got hold of the cable going into the catch mechanism (inside the cabin of the car) and giving it a gentle pull. Hope its accesable for you on the toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say the cable has stretched. Had this problem on a ford fusion my wife had.

I solved it by getting a long nosed pliers and got hold of the cable going into the catch mechanism (inside the cabin of the car) and giving it a gentle pull. Hope its accesable for you on the toyota.

If Anan1's suggestion doesn't work then try the above.

It's also possible that the cable has snapped - does the release lever feel loose? If it does, then you're going to have to get at the bonnet lock from underneath the car which will be a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

usually what happend is the bonnet sticks to the rubber on the front panel. solution being to try Anan1's suggestion

Advertisement