Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Talk About Your Relationships Here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

sar84 wrote: »
    construction. sounds like he has loads of work. im sure things are 100 times harder than they are for me, just felt like a moan :P

I would also say that the added stress of the decline in the construction market isn't helping him either. He probably knows it is a tough market for him to be coming into at the moment as most offices are starting to let people go (I work in the construction industry but I do IT) and it is a nervous time for us all. So just remember things like that could be playing on his mind as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

jsb wrote: »
    I would also say that the added stress of the decline in the construction market isn't helping him either. He probably knows it is a tough market for him to be coming into at the moment as most offices are starting to let people go (I work in the construction industry but I do IT) and it is a nervous time for us all. So just remember things like that could be playing on his mind as well.

i know yeah. im being extra nice to him, i know hes stressed, just miss him. but i see him friday, yay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 moonstone77

how do you get the funny clapping hand s i love them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

My boyfriend and i are coming up to our ten month anniversary, and I love him so much and he loves me. We have a long distance relationship, hes in belfast and im in dublin but on holidays we go back home to donegal where we both live. However, any time we come back to our homes we have terrible problems recently. Last night, he told me I was boring and repititive, i dont think either of us want to give up on this relationship but we obviously need to sort something out but I dont know what to do, next year im planning to belfast to live with him. But these issues need to be sorted! I've been up all night in despair not knowing what to do! If anyone had any advice on what I could do I would be really really grateful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sharkie2008

missing you, when you both are home do you spend most of your time alone, just the two of you? do you seem to do everything together?

im asking because im in my last year at uni at newcastle while my boyfriend is at home in derry. we've been going out since before i started uni and have found it hard work. one of our problems was not seeing each other for a month or more then spending too much time together when im home. through my first year during the holidays we would spend all our time together and would end up argueing a lot. now we know that while we do miss each other spending all day everyday together is not good for us. we make an effort to do things with our own friends. we also make an effort to do different things with each other not just sitting in watching a dvd.

i don't know if this helps, i may have read your post wrong, in which case forget this lol

Yeah, it is that we spend a lot of time together, but recently it has and i admit it gotten a bit mundane and i tihink its the fact that we like spend too much time alone and not doing anything. I went around his house today and we had a big conversation and things feel a bit better now, but im still worried! He told me today that things this week have gotten really boring again and that we dont seem to entertain each other i still not sure what that means though :S Im so worried about our relationship! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Now this is my humble and may well be good to ignore, but....

Maybe although you love each other you're not that compatible. It's possible. The boredom aspect is fine and you can certainly reduce it by not being boring and doing stuff, but I can certainly say in any of my best relationships, the ability to do absolutely nothing with each other was as important as doing things with each other(that goes for mates too).

Life is full of the "boring and repetitive" stuff. Indeed where real companionship, affection and love is in play the boring stuff is helped by the other person. It makes it easier and can often make the repetitive stuff you do as a couple part of who you are. Anyone can have fun when sharing the fun stuff, the mundane and how you both feel around each other in the mundane would be a good yardstick of true compatibility.

In any relationship you can distract yourself with doing stuff, but what happens when say you live with each other down the line? This can be a reason why couples implode when they do move in together. The boyfriend/girlfriend stuff of going out together is fine, often very good but, dealing with each other as actual people, not man and woman away from dating may be an issue, even if the feelings run strong. The feelings can often cloud that though for a time, especially in the loves young dream stage.

You can have a relationship with a lot of love, but not a lot of friendship and companionship. If you were in a relationship with the latter two you would be questioning the future of it. I would suggest the reverse is also true.

Hope you steer through it anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

the thing is we are so compatabale with each other, and often do nothing at all but something about this week has been off! We were friends before we got into a relationship and he truely is my best friend. I dont know what it is exxactly thats been wrong with it but i have a feeling alcohol is involved and the constant late nights and hangovers have been making us both crabby! The thing is we rarely do stuff, as we usually have no money xD I understand what you are saying about the friendship thing and all but the thing is we are great friends and enjoy each others company all the time! We have this connection of understanding and love that i cant explain but i honestly think that this week home has been very weird! He also admits that he is a crabby person and that at times he bes like this and its true with everyone! But we can spend days on end talking and we are great... i dont know how to move on from this week and not be so emotional and sad and totally depressing us both!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ah well in which case it's probably some little bump on the road. He could be down over something and he won't tell you(bloke way of dealing type of thing) so don't dwell on it for the moment and don't worry it into something when it's probably nothing(woman way of dealing type of thing ;):)). Make a plan and surprise him. Doesn't have to involve much if any cost. You can have fun with very little money. Some of the most fun people ever have was when they were young kids and they were broke so....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sharkie2008

i agree with what wibbs has said, sounds like a bump in the road. sometimes things seem a bit stale and just need a little livening up. don't get down about it
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Make a plan and surprise him. Doesn't have to involve much if any cost. You can have fun with very little money. Some of the most fun people ever have was when they were young kids and they were broke so....

this is so true, one of the best days i've had was getting a picnic, a football and tennis rackets and balls and having a day at the beach. a great time doesn't have to cost a lot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

Kind of a rant.

For example recently we went to Paris and OHs fave artist was playing so I bought us tickets 285e and then accidentally met the artist afterwards.There have been other examples in our relationship but always has been intiated/organised/carried out by me.

He has never done anything big for me, I never even got bought an engagement ring before we married. At the time it was because we had no money. This at the time was fine as j bought myself a ring for 9 euro thinking one day we will replace it.I pointed out tonight that nothing big has ever been done for me and he said cause he had no money. I then pointed out that i dont have money either that i had to save for 6 months to buy the ticktes for the gig. He then said big things dont count that its the little things that count, easy to say when little things and bigs things get done for you. He then said he wants no more of these so called big things. But i said i do when am i going to have something big done for me.

But i would love once to have something done bigstyle/special for me. Does anyone know what i mean?

BTW the above exchange did occur during an argument about something else but it makes me feel so sad to think i am not worth dong something big/special for

His justification is no money but he earns 1500 a month i know 1100 goes on bills but it is possible to save even a 10er a month. I earn a lttle bit more then him but i still have to save for stuff. For my birthday this year i got an M&S necklace and a cheap jewellery box (2nd one he bought me) and a pet shop voucher, i dont have any pets. I am 37 and he has never bought me a necklace that doesnt have the words silver plated written on it. the money he spent last week could have been spent on a decent necklace.

I hope i dont sound materialistic, I amn't but i just feel that nothing i do is enough. We had silly argument about how much cooking we do and how apparenty i do none as even though i do most of the preparation of the food, it doesnt count as he feels he is the one cooking it, that i should do more.

He was going on earlier that in the interest of egalitarianism everyone should do their equal share and later he said that since i am faster at doing stuff then him, i should do more to help him.

Here guys thanks a lot for everything! Last night me and the boyfriend went out together and we really spend some quality time together, later on today we went to the beach just him and me and we really enjoyed it! We totally got our spark back again, and ive never been so in love with him! Last night he told me that when he does things like that he doesnt mean to and he is just having an off day and for me not to take it so seriously! and i totally am not going to anymore! so anyway thank you all, knowing me though ill probably be on here ranting and raving about another problem later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

missing you ya me and my boyfriend are doing the distance thing is well. im in dundalk in college while he works full time in dublin. since we only see each other once or twice a week we do spend or time alone together. i find to make things nice i dress up for him as i know he likes it and i can't afford to buy him things or even dinner. when we making dinner we like to make up strange things put a bit of fun into it. he really isn't good at verbalising how he feels or makes a comment if he likes how i look but in the end he makes it up in so many other ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 21738

my boyfriend has always went for slim tanned dark haired women...
    I am the complete opposite with blonde hair a size 12 and irish skin..Im so worried that i will not live up to his expectations and that he will get rid of me.Iwant to tone up but i find myself eating more and its a vicious circle. I feel that i have no fashion sense either i love just wearing hoodies and o neills. i am always afraid wen he goes out on a nite out incase he meets someone ...any suggestions to boost my confidence

21738 wrote: »
    my boyfriend has always went for slim tanned dark haired women...
    And now he's with you so enjoy that. Have you actually seen any of these slim tanned brunette beauties? Some guys talk up their expectations and indeed the "quality" of their exes. I have a mate that'll tell you straight that he goes for gorgeous women of a certain type and given that the rest of us have met said beauties, the talk doesn't match up to his version of reality. In any case I suspect your BF doesn't look like Brad Pitt in fight club and you're with him are you not?
    I am the complete opposite with blonde hair a size 12 and irish skin..Im so worried that i will not live up to his expectations and that he will get rid of me.
    Size 12 is hardly baluberous for a start and lots of guys dig pale blondes. Enough brunettes will tell you that.
    Iwant to tone up but i find myself eating more and its a vicious circle.
    Naturally as you feel slightly inadequate in the first place and since any toning plan requires time and effort, you feel it's not worth it as it may not make a difference, then into vicious circle. If you want to do it, do it for you. At first pretend you're worth it like the ad says. Fake it til you make it and your confidence will grow. Now of course doing it for you is the usual answer and lets face it in the end we do that stuff so we look good for others which makes us feel good. Still and all worth a try
    I feel that i have no fashion sense either i love just wearing hoodies and o neills.
    That you can change if you want to. I'm sure you have some fashionista mates, so maybe dip your toe in the water and see what happens.
    i am always afraid wen he goes out on a nite out incase he meets someone
    You could be aphrodite herself and he could meet someone else and go for her. Put that outa your mind or it'll drive you mad and drive him away.
    ...any suggestions to boost my confidence
    Maybe join a fitness type thing. Doesn't have to be the gym. Hill walking would tone your arse and legs, kick boxing or some sort of martial art are fun, will get you fit tone you up and would boost your confidence too. Baby steps and just try something. If nothing else it'll be better than where you are at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 roccabella

boyfriend of nearly 5 years, currently living together, both 29. Really in love with him. We've had a few discussions about marriage and he doesnt agree with them, but he compromised and said within 2 years we'll get engaged (that was 6mths ago). The problem is it kinda niggles at me, like why wait 2 years (it feels a long time for me) and how I don't want some guy to feel he has really compromised by agreeing to get married down the line, rather someone who would really love to get married to me. Last night it came up again and we just argued about it. Didnt sleep too well so this might help to get it off my chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

roccabella wrote: »
    boyfriend of nearly 5 years, currently living together, both 29. Really in love with him. We've had a few discussions about marriage and he doesnt agree with them, but he compromised and said within 2 years we'll get engaged (that was 6mths ago). The problem is it kinda niggles at me, like why wait 2 years (it feels a long time for me) and how I don't want some guy to feel he has really compromised by agreeing to get married down the line, rather someone who would really love to get married to me. Last night it came up again and we just argued about it. Didnt sleep too well so this might help to get it off my chest.

Hmm, I'm not sure. Some people don't believe in marriage per se but has he talked a lot about how he wants to be together forever? If he does and talks about your future a good bit e.g. one day we'll go here, or live here, or I want x number of kids, then I wouldn't worry about it.

If you believe in marriage and he doesn't, but is willing to marry you because he wants to be with you for the rest of his life then that seems like a good thing for him to do.

If he seems really shaky talking about your future and commitment shy, then maybe you should worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 roccabella

He does talk about the future together and of kids and stuff, and I know for him to say okay within two years we'll get engaged is very good despite the fact that he doesn't agree with getting married. I should just relax and enjoy what we have now but I suppose I feel ready for marriage and just don't really get why he isn't all for it.

is my bf the only 1 that reacts to things being bad for a couple of weeks by thinking we need to break up? FFS yes we havent been getting on but weve both been stressed & busy with college & work, things cant be perfect all the f*cking time.

how can anyone be prepared to throw a yr & a half away because of a few weeks of not getting on.

are relationships really worth the head mess that can go with them.. my friend & i were talking today & shes having a bit of a bad time with her bf at the moment too. i said "things would be so much easier without bfs". she said "yeah.. but we better be careful what we say cause we might not have them soon".

i dont even know how to DEAL with this stuff. we've agreed to give each other some space while were both so busy for the next few weeks but to talk every night, & then we'll spend a proper bit of time together & see how things are. i dont think its fair to judge our whole relationship on the last few weeks.. but i dont want to drag it out for a month or 2 if were just going to break up anyway.. God i dunno what to do :(

sorry just needed a rant.. Although i guess thats what the thread title says :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

What annoys me about it? The fact that it's not a relationship and I'm in that 'Just before a relationship' stage where you're like, "Man, is this just a once, twice, third off thing?", "Why doesn't he bother texting?", "Is he bored ALREADY?"

****ing hell, I'm actually insecure over a guy because he's not giving me any attention unless we're out together... says a lot for my personality eh?

Rozabeez wrote: »
    What annoys me about it? The fact that it's not a relationship and I'm in that 'Just before a relationship' stage where you're like, "Man, is this just a once, twice, third off thing?", "Why doesn't he bother texting?", "Is he bored ALREADY?"

****ing hell, I'm actually insecure over a guy because he's not giving me any attention unless we're out together... says a lot for my personality eh?

Sounds like things are only starting? If he cant make an effort at the beginning of a relationship its really not worth it.

Why do we let men f*ck with our heads so much..

Why do we let men f*ck with our heads so much..
    I reckon for the same reason men let women f*ck with their heads. You let them, or don't have enough confidence in your own value to call a spade a spade and establish boundaries. that or a simple lack of communication or compatibility.

I reckon for the same reason men let women f*ck with their heads. You let them, or don't have enough confidence in your own value to call a spade a spade and establish boundaries. that or a simple lack of communication or compatibility.

or for some reason you love the stupid fool :(

although the lack of communication is probably more likely. had a nice long chat with the bf last night about stuff & feeling so much better about everything. but when were both busy we dont have all that much time for communication :(

or for some reason you love the stupid fool :(
    Which is a good thing, but it can't be used as an excuse for being one sided or a fantasy of how you think they should be either. We've all done that at some point.
    although the lack of communication is probably more likely. had a nice long chat with the bf last night about stuff & feeling so much better about everything. but when were both busy we dont have all that much time for communication :(
    There's always time I reckon though, if you want to make the time. Everyone can find 10 minutes in the day.

Which is a good thing, but it can't be used as an excuse for being one sided or a fantasy of how you think they should be either. We've all done that at some point.

There's always time I reckon though, if you want to make the time. Everyone can find 10 minutes in the day.

i understand youre just picking up on what i am saying but i feel the need to point out we are making a point of making time to speak to each other. we're both crazily busy at the moment, he has lots of college work & exams coming up & work is mad for me, but weve agreed to talk every night before bed. things got bad because id been away for work and simply couldnt AFFORD to talk for more than 5mins on stupid roaming rates. were back to every night now though :) the 10mins keeps turning into an hour though!

i was just frustrated & having a rant - as per the thread title. things have calmed down a lot since my first rant (thank God!). i just miss him.

• Advertisement

Well that's good! :)

yeah, sorry if i got a bit defensive there. feeling lots better now :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

My boyfriend spends all his spare time on sports. He's a triathlete & trains about 10 times a week. Average time getting home: 9pm. We rarely eat dinner together anymore.

I know I should be happy he's fit & healthy & not spending his time in the pub or in front of the TV...just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

/Rant
    He's annoyed I didn't go over to his house on Sat night. Turned into little tiff on Sunday night & haven't talked since.

So mature, right?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

/rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

taconnol wrote: »
    My boyfriend spends all his spare time on sports. He's a triathlete & trains about 10 times a week. Average time getting home: 9pm. We rarely eat dinner together anymore.

I know I should be happy he's fit & healthy & not spending his time in the pub or in front of the TV...just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Eh not as such mind you last year my bf was finishing a part time masters and his job is pretty demanding to begin with. Was pretty frustrating for me, the most annoying part though was that he wouldnt take any study leave. No holidays and little or no chill out time to do couply things. Anyhow its different but i can emphatise with your OH having something else taking up all of his free time! For me though we just had to learn to make time for each other whenever possible. Dunno if that helps or not but i feel for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I am so annoyed with men.... Met a guy a couple of weeks ago... Had good fun, he asked for my number and texted me there and then so I had his. H knows my friend through her work but not very well. During the course of the night he told me he is more of a text person than a talker and then the day after we met he was texting ....

He stayed in touch for a few days and then asked me out by text... I agreed but had to change the plan so I texted him (as he was at his parents house) last weekend to rearrange for tomorrow. This was all agreed but no plan made and then he replies at 2 am that night with some strange text... Nothing sinister but defintiely a drunk text. I didnt know if it was for me so I didnt reply....

Anyway, have heard NOTHING since... I was in touch with him to arrange this so I have NO intention of contacting him to see if he still wants to meet. The way I see it, if he still wanted to meet he would be in touch..

Why do some people do this??? Its so mean and rude....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

SarahSassy wrote: »
    I am so annoyed with men.... Met a guy a couple of weeks ago... Had good fun, he asked for my number and texted me there and then so I had his. H knows my friend through her work but not very well. During the course of the night he told me he is more of a text person than a talker and then the day after we met he was texting ....

He stayed in touch for a few days and then asked me out by text... I agreed but had to change the plan so I texted him (as he was at his parents house) last weekend to rearrange for tomorrow. This was all agreed but no plan made and then he replies at 2 am that night with some strange text... Nothing sinister but defintiely a drunk text. I didnt know if it was for me so I didnt reply....

Anyway, have heard NOTHING since... I was in touch with him to arrange this so I have NO intention of contacting him to see if he still wants to meet. The way I see it, if he still wanted to meet he would be in touch..

Why do some people do this??? Its so mean and rude....
    Really thought for a while you were actually talking about me there!

In general men are afraid of commitment and have other stupid issues. Me included. But I say text him.

Forky wrote: »
    Really thought for a while you were actually talking about me there!

In general men are afraid of commitment and have other stupid issues. Me included. But I say text him.

Haha - are you from Louth???? :D

I dont understand why he would ask me out, agree to a night and then bolt?????? Its so alien to me.

I wont contact him.. I have learned the hard way that if a guy has the nerve to ask you out, then does not follow through then he is unlikely to be interested enough... I made an effort and arranged a day with him but he didnt follow through...

At this point, I dont want to see someone who is only there cos I pushed them in a corner... He asked me out and he knows where I am.... I do think his chance has passed though...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Ah yeah! He won't take any holidays. He's about to start a new job and hasn't taken a break between. Plus he's cashed in his holidays from his old job. Grrrr.

Right now he's outside in the hall (lovingly) putting together his new triathlon bike. *Sigh* That bike has gotten more attention since it arrived than me. And there's a DVD on the sitting room table that arrived a week ago & we still haven't watched. Men!!

SarahSassy - it might be no harm texting him in the morning to confirm meeting. He may be sitting at home totally paralysed by mortification at the drunken text he sent you.

taconnol wrote: »
    He may be sitting at home totally paralysed by mortification at the drunken text he sent you.
    Then he's lacking the cahonays to be straight about it. Not a good sign in my gender.

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Haha - are you from Louth???? :D

I dont understand why he would ask me out, agree to a night and then bolt?????? Its so alien to me.

I wont contact him.. I have learned the hard way that if a guy has the nerve to ask you out, then does not follow through then he is unlikely to be interested enough... I made an effort and arranged a day with him but he didnt follow through...

At this point, I dont want to see someone who is only there cos I pushed them in a corner... He asked me out and he knows where I am.... I do think his chance has passed though...
    I was actually still thinking you may be talking about me, but no, i'm not from Louth.

Hope his drunken texts werent as stupid as mine. :rolleyes::o

Forky wrote: »
    I was actually still thinking you may be talking about me, but no, i'm not from Louth.

Hope his drunken texts werent as stupid as mine. :rolleyes::o

If you did this to some poor girl then you are very naughty :D

What did you do?? I am curious why someone would do that??? PM me if you wish... I am so curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

why do people have such double standards grrr.

my boyf is in a group who recently put on a show. one of the girls from the show invited us to one shes in and offered to let us stay. I might not be able to go and yet the boyf is thinking of going by himself.

like he thinks i'm going to be okay with him heading out and staying in some girl i barely know's house?! ffs if I wanted to stay in some lads house instead of comin home he would go mad!

am i just a jealous psycho or would anyone else have a problem with this??

P.s. sarah sassy if he text you when he was drunk he might wonder why you didnt reply. what people actually text when they are drunk can vary a lot from what they think they wrote! im guilty of that myself 'hey babe how ya doin' can come out as 'hy baeb hwyadoin' but in my drunk head looks perfectly legible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Ahhh I dont know if it makes me a total psycho too but in your shoes I would not be happy!! Its not like their life-long friends or anything....

Although in saying that, presumably you've seen them together, do you think you have any reason to be jealous?!?! We ladies can usually pick up on these things pretty quick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Marbles

me and my boyf of 2 yrs went on a break last yr, we were in the same club one night, and he was with someone all night in front of me and all my friends a week later, grinding on the dancefloor,and dancing on the podiums so everyon could see. it was the worst night of my life ...it wasnt the fact that he was with someone, as we were on a break, but infront of me, so soon after the break, and all my friends there too..so i left the club, he ran after me, denyed it to the last aacted like a complete nutter and swore to all the gods and saints that i was IMAGINING IT!!??? making me out to be the nutter?? i got mad, slapped him across the face.. and then he preceeded to threaten to slit his wrists infront of me with a big knife whilst screaming and acting really really pyschotic!! horrifying ..

• Advertisement

Marbles wrote: »
    me and my boyf of 2 yrs went on a break last yr, we were in the same club one night, and he was with someone all night in front of me and all my friends a week later, grinding on the dancefloor,and dancing on the podiums so everyon could see. it was the worst night of my life ...it wasnt the fact that he was with someone, as we were on a break, but infront of me, so soon after the break, and all my friends there too..so i left the club, he ran after me, denyed it to the last aacted like a complete nutter and swore to all the gods and saints that i was IMAGINING IT!!??? making me out to be the nutter?? i got mad, slapped him across the face.. and then he preceeded to threaten to slit his wrists infront of me with a big knife whilst screaming and acting really really pyschotic!! horrifying ..

Jesus! Sounds like a nice lad.

and your still with him Marbles?

like he thinks i'm going to be okay with him heading out and staying in some girl i barely know's house?! ffs if I wanted to stay in some lads house instead of comin home he would go mad!

Ehm...
    tbh, these are two totally seperate issues, and one person going into an unjustified jealous rage doesn't mean the other should do the same...

why wouldn't you be ok with it? do you not trust him?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    and your still with him Marbles?
    I would be thinking the same. If she is and he hasn't changed radically and I mean not that she's convinced herself that he has, then on her head be it.

P.s. sarah sassy if he text you when he was drunk he might wonder why you didnt reply. what people actually text when they are drunk can vary a lot from what they think they wrote! im guilty of that myself 'hey babe how ya doin' can come out as 'hy baeb hwyadoin' but in my drunk head looks perfectly legible :D

He was in touch the following morning and explained why he was not in touch and it was all perfectly plausible. Have re-arranged to meet so hope its a good night out...

Thanks all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Just broke up with my girlfriend of 6 months and I'm afraid I've made a mistake but even more afraid that I'll change my mind and make a bigger mistake! Feelings didn't change and I'm still completely attracted to her and care about her but we were fighting a lot and compatibility was something I was questioning.

Now we've broken up and are trying to remain friends but she's leaning on me as a crutch to get her through the break up. I'm trying to be strong and put some distance between us so she can have a chance to get over it but it's not working and it feels like we're breaking up daily. I'm trying to be the strong one but she keeps breaking down my resolve.

I'm living in a city that I'm not from and only have a handful of people down here that I know and even fewer friends where as she is from here so has her family and all her friends. Part of me is afraid I'm not being strong enough to walk away from her completely because I'm losing my closest friend here. Another part is afraid I've let go of something that might have lasted a lot longer than I let it.

Sorry, needed to rant :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Kelly O'Malley

Had this fella once who had the most awful temper.He came into the sitting room one day where I'd collapsed onto the sofa after a hard day at work prior to starting supper.He started to rant coz I hadn't hoovered the minute I'd come in.He yelled so vehemently his false teeth flew out of his mouth and hit the tv screen with a 'ping'.I folded up,I mean I was on the floor laughing.He scuttled over and palmed his teeth,slipping them back into his mouth and slunk out of the room.I stayed with him for 2 years and stayed friends with him after he dumped me.If he'd been half as nice to me when we were together as he was afterwards I'd have married him!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

grrrrrr why do guys text you, and then you text back and then they don't text back, its so retarded, like why did they text you in the first place, grrrrrrrr

That I don't get. text or not. Jeez not exactly a big decision really. Think of it as a gobshíte detector test. If they pull that should you invest any more emotional energy on them? That would be a no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ilovetulips

Would I be right in thinking that its a bit strange that my supposed 'boyfriend' of 5 months hasnt introduced me to any of his friends other than the one I met him through. And if he doesnt make an effort to meet up on weekends when its the only time he's free. Im just feelin a bit insecure cos his ex is unbelievable looking as well and I know theyre still in contact.
    Also, when he told me he was going somewhere in particular, I subesequently found out through my best friend that himself and his friend were going to a party that his ex was hosting. I rang him that night as I was out myself and he text me back apologising that he missed my call and that he couldnt meet me that night.
    Am I just being paranoid or does that not sound strange?

Advertisement