Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Ka - tracking problem

Options
  • 03-01-2008 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

I have a '98 Ford Ka, no power steering, and I'm having a problem with the steering. The car has a very noticible left hand veer so I'll be getting the tracking checked. From what I've heard its a fairly common problem with Ka's and it may require a new rack.

My nearest Ford dealer told me "maybe you hit a pothole, check it again" and they're booked out for the next month anyway so they cant look at it. But its been a problem for a while now.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of this, and how much can I expect the repairs to set me back?

Also, the driver's door lock is broken, 90% of the time the door wont open and I have to get in through the passanger door!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Don't bother with a Ford dealer unless you like paying a lot of money.

Cost me about €400 to get the rack replaced in my '98 Fiesta, and that has power steering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

The Ka are known for steering rack issues, as for yours pulling to the left it could be a number of things from tyres, tracking, worn lower arm bushes, track rod end, steering rack gone.

As for your door it's probably a broken wire in the flexible connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

could be tire pressure? make sure there all ecwal pressure.

Advertisement