Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which 4x4 for 15K

Options
  • 03-01-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I have a '00 mitsubishi pajero sport but I,m looking to upgrade. I love the look of it, the way it drives and the way it pulls but it is robbing me on Diesel (every time I pass a petrol station I have to stop)The turning radius can be measured in KMs and theres absolutely no room in the cab (its seriously tiny, there isnt even any room in the driver footwell to move your foot off the clutch). I would like to trade up to something more economical but that still has power, I like the idea of a landcruiser but they are too expensive and I am told that the nissan navara is only good if you buy the current modle which I think came out in 06. I don't do a lot of towing but when I do its generally heavy(3.5ton digger or boat trailers) and I'm not looking for a luxury vehicle as it will generally be a runaround on site or farm. I'd really appreciate if somebody could help me out, I probably have a budget of 15K (assuming I get 9K for my own) and need some ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Exactly how heavy on juice are they ? What will you get for €50 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭250882

I worked it out at about 32cent per mile so 50 euro would get you about 160 miles I took that average on a trip around the north and it got 16 miles to the gallon but I have had the timing belt changed and the injectors done since so it could be better but there is no point in putting anything less than 20 euro into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

for 15k you aint gonna get a lot i am currently driving a landcruiser def one of best towing and fuel efficent 4x4's on the market. had a trooper before that considered towing a fuel bowser everywhere with me.
    look into the grand vitra probably the most under rated 4x4's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I worked it out at about 32cent per mile so 50 euro would get you about 160 miles

Holy sh1te that's crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

my mate recently wrote off his new Nissan Navara and the insurance paid out.
    He now has a 2 year old Kia Sorento - told me the other day its much much easier on Diesel............a miser he says.
    16mpg is dreadful.........any good 4x4 should and many will give you 33mpg...........so when you do get one, you're gonna feel FLUSH!

• Advertisement
Advertisement