Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trends to leave behind in 2007

• 03-01-2008 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

What styles or trends do you hope get left behind in 2007, and what ones do you hope come into 2008?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

leggings worn with shorts should be left in 2007...along with their chavy owners!

Leggings can come to 2008 though, as can shorts and tights. Just not shorts and leggings....why would anyone think this looks good? Esp if the wearer is overweight, the shorts are too tight and accompanied by a side ponytail (also should be left in 2007) and neon accessories, which incidentally should also be left in 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

uggs.
    smocks with leggings.
    uggs.
    anything neon.
    uggs.

well if we must leave uggs behind us.... then I think we should bring emu's into 2008! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Lola123 wrote: »
    leggings worn with shorts should be left in 2007...along with their chavy owners!

City shorts isnt it? They are a fking state! Really stupid looking, especially the dungaree versions worn with hightops - what are these people thinking?

Ugg boots and the usuall dubes.. should have been left behind the day they were introduced to the stylishly blind community.

I also wanna see less of the 50's look in 2008, simply because i dont like cool items of clothing and subcultures being ruined and redefined by retarded fashon designers.

I dont want to see anything new in 2008, i just want to see people wearing something that isnt forced on them by mainstreet shops - be a little different people!! Where the heard has gone the fruit has run dry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Forgot to add - my pet hate - crocs. Why would any sane person actually willingly buy these things to wear outside of doing the gardening or padding round your secure cell in a straightjacket? Do they not realise they make people look like overgrown hippie toddlers or mental patients?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Leggings, all kinds of footless tights, crocs, fake uggs where they walk on the sides of them, some of the real ones can be nice, the black ones. Dresses with lots of material with no shape whatsoever..way to make even really thin people look pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Agreed with crocs and uggs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Crocs and uggs. Very hideous in both cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

leggings, crocs, shorts & 3/4 length trousers worn on nights out, smock tops,those grecian looking designs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Another resounding vote for UGGS. The sooner they are gone the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

AHHH no i just bought a pair of Ugg's - well the cheapy version! For comfort sake mainly and to slob around the house in!

Please don't outlaw them just yet! another weeks wear perhaps? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheEx

Hopefully there wll be less of the smock stuff, and more tailoring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Same as already mentioned really:smocks, leggings, uggs, crocs...
    Don't mind the city shorts though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

TheEx wrote: »
    Hopefully there wll be less of the smock stuff, and more tailoring
    i see nothing wrong with you wearing them around your house, unless you feel the urge to look "stylish" whilst slobbing around the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Crocs for sure! Uggs I don't have quite the same problem with, not mad about them but then that could be because my eyes have been so badly affected by the crocs:D Leggings, shorts worn with either tights or leggings under them, smock tops should be banned for anyone who isn't pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

no way! Crocs have got to stay. They're so comfy as slippers for indoors and help feet breath in summer insead of bein all sweaty and smelly....Uggs with trackies tucked in have GOT to GO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

No to:
    Uggs
    Crocs
    + lots of stuff i'm to lazy to think about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

echosound wrote: »
    Forgot to add - my pet hate - crocs. Why would any sane person actually willingly buy these things to wear outside of doing the gardening or padding round your secure cell in a straightjacket? Do they not realise they make people look like overgrown hippie toddlers or mental patients?

Me! i've 2 pairs and wear them around the office - then again i'm a bit daft, but they are so comfy.

I hope the city shorts stay in 2007 as well as leather trousers like the type Kate Moss made fashionable during the summer.

I read somewhere that pashminas and culottes are making a comeback (i shudder!),

I am looking forward to the 1950's and secretary look coming in in the Spring as i've a lot of mix and matxh bits from my days as a teacher!

Not looking forward to the strong focus on primary colours and tie dye for spring 2008, first it will be tie dye then global hypercolour tshirts from the 90's !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The 70's - unfortunately looks like it's gonna be big in 08 too :(
    Big Prints on shapeless dresses- yup, 08 seems to be clinging steadfastly to them
    Skinny Jeans- I'm sure I wouldn't be saying that if I had skinny legs but I just cant wear them which is a pity as I do think they look nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

why cant we get an 08 style rather than a re hash!!!!

uggs
    shorts
    short trousers
    side ponys
    jackets with no sleves
    jumpers with t shirt sleves
    the list goes on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

smocks & uggs enough said, will they go though probally not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Sorry emo your name reminded me...(have an emo friend and i hate her style and her friends)

Skinny jeans that don't cover butt cracks
    skinny jeans that leave a webbed crotch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Those stupid bastard spikey mullets. KILL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Agreed!!! What the hell are they even, and how do you ask for it!!!

crocs and smocks! Why did anyone ever think they look good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

skinny jeans (it's so hard to get any other kind while they're in style)
    crocs
    skanger girls cutting the back of their hair really short and spiking it up
    and they have massive side fringes starting from their ear and brushed over the other side of their face
    seriously, what the hell is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

Crocs and Uggs hate them the uggs have become a teenage obsession with the jeans tucked into them and tracksuit bottoms also. Take a walk up Grafton St you will see what I mean , they are like clones of each other. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

hmm.... now that I think of it, I'm not a fan of skinny jeans

..especially on men!!!

hmm.... now that I think of it, I'm not a fan of skinny jeans

..especially on men!!!
    skinny jeans on men is like telling women you've got a small dick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yes, can we please leave those terrible skinny jeans in '07!

I saw some guy the other day wearing them, and seriously...he looked like he was in pain every time he walked. They can't be comfortable! :eek:

Also, those raggy scarf things. I freakin' hate them! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

D4 heads

actually, not just the style, the lot of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

girls wearing GAA jerseys, who call all the other girls in their group 'lads'
    Guys wearing any kind of jersey, usually tucked in to their jeans, on a night out
    Timberland boots on girls especially
    Crocs - why would anyone wear these?
    Uggs are ok I think, but too many ppl wear them and it instantly labels you as D4(/wannabe)
    Dubes

Piste wrote: »
    Big Prints on shapeless dresses- yup, 08 seems to be clinging steadfastly to them

I hate those shapeless dresses. I've no idea why anyone would wear them. Glitz them up all you like, they still look dowdy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Sorry but I must post this for all you Crocs Haters.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

LOL love it.............crocs are just awful and look so so so ugly.

• Advertisement

oh they just look so FUCKING STUPID. Im angry with how stupid they look.

phasers wrote: »
    skinny jeans (it's so hard to get any other kind while they're in style)

er? Are you blind? I hope your talking about girls here.. Its impossible to get skinny jeans for a bloke that arent retarded looking or bright green. The shops are overrun with the ever ageold bootcut, baggy and straight leg pants. If you dont like them fair enough, but if you cant fit into them or feel comfortable in them and want the trend to go because you cant find a pair of jeans that match your girl curves(not directed at you, just using you as an example for the non skinny jean girls).... deal with it! :p

Cremo wrote: »
    skinny jeans on men is like telling women you've got a small dick.

If you got it flaunt it :D then again, the fellas you seem to be eyeing up there cremo probs have the auld belt-tuck on the go ;o

haha this is brilliant...

Hello, my head is coming out of a giant vagina.

vagina_neck2.jpg

red_ice wrote:
    If you got it flaunt it then again, the fellas you seem to be eyeing up there cremo probs have the auld belt-tuck on the go ;o
    well it's not like i'm eyeing them up just you know going on the laws of physics :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Cremo, thats hilarious! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Uggs are horrible. Disgusting things. Die please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Uggs
    Tops with waistbands
    Skinny Jeans
    large patterned tents (mini dresses)
    pom shoes
    1/2 cardigans with 3/4 sleeves
    dimonte encrusted tops
    3 -4 inch thick belts that dont close
    size 00

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That just brightened up my otherwise miserable Monday.. Thank you for that..

Tit curtains :D class..

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

I love my penneys uggs never giving them up!

I want 2008 to stop the madness that is girls wearing hot pants that are a size too small for them with tights its sick and wrong. Also footless tights they are hideous.
    smock tops are also awful they make even skinny girls look pregnant.
    also skinny jeans should be carefully monitored by shop assistants I am so tired of seeing people wearing them at least one size to small with a camel toe and ass crack showing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Jack Sheehan; that site is hilarious.

Once again, I hope Uggs die. And big print smock tops with leggings underneath especially when worn with Uggs and super straightened hair..clone....

I have never been a fan of the chunky knit thing either that Penneys and other stores have, with the wide sleeves and all, they really morph body shapes into horrible shapes.....

and little jackets I see those chavs and wannabes wearing, you know, the black and white check patterned ones (Magic and Libaas stores ell them) that have a waistband that sits above hips...gross....in all colours and cheap fabrics

I hope the city shorts stay in 2007 as well as leather trousers like the type Kate Moss made fashionable during the summer.

Oh and which ones might they be?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Sorry meant PVC, not leather! But sure they are practically the same in that they are hideous! She was sporting them in a few magazines.

Shoe boots are awful and hopefully thay will die a death in 2008.

Long live crocs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

*Page* wrote: »
    Sorry emo your name reminded me...(have an emo friend and i hate her style and her friends)

sniffle sniffle:D surely ugg boots are worse tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Shoe boots

What now? :confused:

What now? :confused:

I think she means these things:
    schuh-mona-shoe-boot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Shoe boots good for under work trousers though!

Thats about it though.

DubLegs wrote: »
    Shoe boots good for under work trousers though!

Thats about it though.

no, no, sorry, get out. They are just hideous. And they get alot uglier too... like this and this, i mean CMON. THIS IS WHAT FASHON IS TELLING YOU TO WEAR!!

People wear those things with skirts lol, infact i encourage this behaviour, otherwise we wouldnt have these people to laugh at on the street :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement