Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which saving account

Options
  • 03-01-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I took up my first job and was wondering if you could help me to decide on the right saving account. I am considering a regular saving account since these tend to have the highest interest rate. Any recommendations? Many cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Well up until today i would of suggested the AIB regular savers account with and A.E.R of 7.1% but from what i read in the independent today that is going back to 4%. (see article here: link)

So I'm also now wondering what is the best savings account use in the new year. I have around EUR1000 lump sum and i was saving EUR 100 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭radooo

Well Dapos, good to know that cause I was considering this one since I already have a regular account with AIB. Any other ideas guys?

It will also be interesting to see will the other banks drop there interest rates in the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Didn't take Rabo long to drop theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

stepbar wrote: »
    Didn't take Rabo long to drop theirs.

In fairness, they only dropped the promotional rate on the first €10,000 which was hardly surprising as it was only attracting people who weren't leaving their funds in Rabo long term and were sticking 10k in solely for the 5% interest, and taking it out when they spotted a deal more to their liking.

• Advertisement

Form what i see Halifax has a regular saver account with interest of 7% and First active has a regular saver account with interest of 7.15%.

Question is how long will they remain that way. They could easily follow AIB.

Advertisement