Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC Electric Glider help needed

Options
  • 03-01-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi everyone - I'm a newbie to the whole flying thing and have recieved one of these: http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=5333 for Christmas from Mrs Robodonkey. Generous gift indeed, but sadly with a problem (I'm sure you all know about this but here goes). The Handset is a JR Sport 400 and is on 72Mhz (and I'm guessing the reciever in the plane is tuned to this too) so,
    How can I go about changing the radio bits 'n pieces so I don't stop all the taxis in Dublin from getting their next pickup (I've been told/found some threads on here about 31-32 Vs 72 Mhz)?

Anyone done this before?

Anyone know a shop that could sort this out for me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks and happy New Year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Well.. Easy to do it yourself.. But... You need to buy a new radio + receiver, both in 35 Mhz or 2.4 ghz ! (<-- the only frequencies allowed in Ireland)

I guess you are going to fly the glider in a club ? (well, I hope so, if you are a total newbie, need to learn, or your first flight will end up to be the last one too :rolleyes:).
    You can ask the guys in the club to show you, or even change the gear for you if you buy a new radio set from Greenhobby, Islandmodels and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

Cheers for that - I've just recieved some post from the guys in the Pheonix park (Leinster Model Aeronautics Club), I'm going to head up there on Sunday for a nose around and hopefully get talking to them. I've been practicing on a RC software package (came with a transmitter "unit" that has all the same stick effects as the plane) but guessing that's not going to help me much when the time comes to fly the damn thing for real :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

You don't actually need a "35FM full set".
    All you require to make it all usable is a transmitter handset, a matching receiver, xtals and charger.
    The rest of the stuff is OK ... servos, switch, receiver battery.
    Even the battery inside the transmitter is OK.
    Green Hobby do transmitter upgrade deals for folks upgrading from analogue radio to computer radio.
    You could call Patrick there (01 4928776) and ask about a JR MX-12 upgrade deal with a receiver and charger added in, and the battery taken out in part exchange for them.
    You'd have the MX-12 digital JR set then, the same make as your existing stuff, so your present JR battery would fit inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

Nice one coolwings - I'll be on the phone to them tomorrow.
    I will sound like a spanner as I attempt to describe what I need, but nothing ventured etc :)

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

All right so, you can call or send a mail here as well : http://www.islandmodels.ie :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement