Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heinz tinned coleslaw...does it still exist?

• 03-01-2008 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Help! I’m desperately searching for Heinz tinned coleslaw - anyone know where or IF it can still be bought anywhere?

I’m based in the UK but grew up in Ireland and have many a fond memory of my youth where my mother subjected us to salads being garnished by this now legendary item. Problem is, no one over here will believe me that it exists….”Coleslaw – in a TIN? You’re joking!”

On a recent rip back to Dublin I managed to swipe a tin each of Heinz tinned vegetable and potato salad, but I need the lesser-spotted and rarest of beasts, the tinned coleslaw, in order to have the full hat-trick and prove to my friends that I’m not totally nuts.

Who can help? Can you run round your local Super Valu? Anyone going into Tesco? All offers to track it down gratefully accepted…

Tell me I'm not mad...yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

http://www.britishcornershop.com/britishfood.asp?id=SGN1183

There you go- Number 3 on google "Heinz Coleslaw".;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tinned Coleslaw? :eek: If they're was a puking smiley I'd definitely be using it here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

watna wrote: »
    Tinned Coleslaw? :eek: If they're was a puking smiley I'd definitely be using it here!

I thought the same thing. Canned food usually undergoes heat treatment to sterilize it, so it would in effect be cooked, I like really crunchy coleslaw. If the heinz is that nice it might have some unusual stuff in it, read the label and you might be able to replicate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Tinned coleslaw... pure nastiness!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I'd never even heard of tinned coleslaw before this thread, it sounds gross!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I remember it from being a kid, not seen it in a while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

oh ha ha hilarious!! Tinned coleslaw... Don't think I'd be brave enough somehow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

If it does exist, it shouldn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

heh, this thread is the first hit in a google search for Heinz Coleslaw :)

Anyway, here are some pictures.

mHEINZ_COLESLAW-opt.jpg

And then there's this

heinz_potato_salad_can_195g.jpg

Tinned potato salad :eek: Sweet Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Thats nastiness,i knew it exists and my parents eat a lot of the ****e.....but its pure mankyness :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement