Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best protection for new ipod touch?

• 03-01-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi lads, what is the best protection for my new ipod touch? Was thinking of getting the invisible shield but dont know where is best to buy it. Any suggestions? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

DonFred wrote: »
    Hi lads, what is the best protection for my new ipod touch? Was thinking of getting the invisible shield but dont know where is best to buy it. Any suggestions? Cheers

Get the invisable shield and a case thats what i have. The invisable sheild only stops scraches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I got the invisible shield off their website - arrived in a few days. Its the dogs..!! I have a case aswell but dont bother with it as I'm not too pushed about scratching the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

i've been planning on getting the Marware sports grip for the last 2 months, i really should get it. It seems pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://foofshop.com/

*EDIT* that shop is a steal, bought a "It's not easy being Green (corduroy)" sleeve for my macbook and a "BlueBone" sleeve for my iphone and including shipping from australia it comes to 40euros. i paid that much for one of them crumpler sleeves for my old laptop :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

cheaper and just as good is www.bestskinsever.com

had mine delivered to ireland in 4 days... got one for my beloved zen vision M as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

TheBazman wrote: »
    I got the invisible shield off their website - arrived in a few days. Its the dogs..!! I have a case aswell but dont bother with it as I'm not too pushed about scratching the back

Have ordered 2 sets of these off ebay last week...for me and a mate!!

Looks like it should be a great product - seen an add for it while over in the US... is it hard to put on the ipod?? had a look at the video online - could get a bit messy i reckon...

I was a bit worried myself about putting it on - its not that bad. I did have two tiny air bubbles afterwards (which in fairness you could only see when it was off), however after a week or so it seemed to have settled and was perfect after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

+1 for the Invisible Shield. Its not difficult to put on, especially on the Touch as there are no odd sections to deal with. Much easier on the Touch than it was for my old iPod or my Blackberry I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Cremo wrote: »
    http://foofshop.com/

*EDIT* that shop is a steal, bought a "It's not easy being Green (corduroy)" sleeve for my macbook and a "BlueBone" sleeve for my iphone and including shipping from australia it comes to 40euros. i paid that much for one of them crumpler sleeves for my old laptop :(
    Will any of those fit a Creative Zen Vision M?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey what shipping method did you use? I don't want to pay for shipping if the free option does not take 3 weeks like the site says.

Cheers - Mik

• Advertisement

didnt pay any extra for shipping - I think it arrived in around a week or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I'm not too pushed about scratching the back

Im the total opposite!

I covered the back because the back of the iPods are notorious for nightmare scratches that never come off, which can happen within seconds of it coming out of the box. Whereas, if you check out all the youtube clips and the gadget sites you'll see that the front is virtually scratch proof (Im stating what they claim, not claiming this myself btw). I doubt you'll do much damage to the screen by everyday use, unless you try very hard.

My shield is on the back, I left the front clean for the nice Touch feel ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

440Hz wrote: »
    My shield is on the back, I left the front clean for the nice Touch feel ;)

I should have mine this evening when i get home after work...

Was thinking about doing the same myself... but if i do cover the front face will this affect the performace in any way....it shouldnt i presume!! :confused:

thewools wrote: »
    I should have mine this evening when i get home after work...

Was thinking about doing the same myself... but if i do cover the front face will this affect the performace in any way....it shouldnt i presume!! :confused:

it wont - though wait for a week or so for it to be fully bedded in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

SwitchEasy have a nice hard case that is minimal and offers decent protection.

jester77 wrote: »
    SwitchEasy have a nice hard case that is minimal and offers decent protection.

did order one of these? i ordered one the other night, wondering how long it'll take to get here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

amull87 wrote: »
    did order one of these? i ordered one the other night, wondering how long it'll take to get here?

No, came across it too late. I had already gotten an Agent 18 case which is very similar, but I think the switcheasy looks a little better.

yeah it came this morning, it's fairly solid but the screen protector was very hard to get on clean and without crap under it! Still it's a good case, not too heavy either for a sturdy plastic case

after putting on the screen protector there and there's moisture from my fingerprints on the thing and it's leaving marks, any advice on getting rid of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Hi lads got my Invisible shield and applied it to my ipod, it looks ok tricky to put it on but worth it. Just wondering can it be taken off if I ever get fed up with it or gets damage?? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Has anyone got a link for where I can get one of these invisible shields? Couldn't seem to find one!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

its Shieldzone.com and cost about 17e for back and front. Took about 1wk to be delivered which is free.

Advertisement