Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clara.... Anyone????

Options
  • 03-01-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mixervilla

not if i can avoid it, nearly as bad as moate to drive through

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dan, dan, dan!!

:rolleyes::D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Nah, not my cup of tea. There are new houses on the tullamore side but really not my sort of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭RINO87

horrible hole of a place. birr is nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Clara is a well known nacker festhole. Avoid at all costs.

Moate is nicer, traffic is bad yes, but the new road will sort all that out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Yupp!

Scawgeen wrote: »
    Yupp!
    you r actually in clara?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rotti Express

Avoid if you can. It's an awful town with a high skanger count and nothing going on there. The people are clannish as hell too.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭vodkasoda

What about it ?

If you're thinking of opening a Pizza delivery service, please hurry up :D !!!

Avoid if you can. It's an awful town with a high skanger count and nothing going on there. The people are clannish as hell too.

Well, i suppose so are most small irish town folk.

But, nothing hthere at all, night life? LOL.. tried it once for a dare...
    t'was an epic failure

• Advertisement

You're not wrong there but Clara's one of those towns that got left behind by the Celtic Tiger. It's full of unemployed skangers and commuters.

so you reckon it really 'wouldn't ' be an idea to go visit the home of my Clan, then?

Been over so many times to Dublin etc, but never quite made it 'home' as it were...:rolleyes:

You're not wrong there but Clara's one of those towns that got left behind by the Celtic Tiger. It's full of unemployed skangers and commuters.

I've been living in Clara for 6 months, though it's been a bad 6 months (my sister passed away, I was out of contract, my car's blown up ... and more !) so we haven't really had a chance to integrate into the local life as yet, but the kids love it, the schools seem pretty good and I see less people hanging around on street corners than most other places I've ever lived.

There's tons of new building going on, the roads are being improved and yes, whilst I am a "commuter" as opposed to an "unemployed skanger", I don't really see Clara as being a bad place at all ...

so you reckon it really 'wouldn't ' be an idea to go visit the home of my Clan, then?

Been over so many times to Dublin etc, but never quite made it 'home' as it were...:rolleyes:

I would come see Clara if I were you, just don't plan on spending long here, you might get a bit bored :D !!!

vodkasoda wrote: »
    I've been living in Clara for 6 months, though it's been a bad 6 months (my sister passed away, I was out of contract, my car's blown up ... and more !) so we haven't really had a chance to integrate into the local life as yet, but the kids love it, the schools seem pretty good and I see less people hanging around on street corners than most other places I've ever lived.

There's tons of new building going on, the roads are being improved and yes, whilst I am a "commuter" as opposed to an "unemployed skanger", I don't really see Clara as being a bad place at all ...

Give it time.

Trust me. Is a "rough" town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

vodkasoda wrote: »
    What about it ?

If you're thinking of opening a Pizza delivery service, please hurry up :D !!!

There's a new Pizza place open in Moate on the Main Street (where else) between Tuar Ard and the Credit Union, well worth a visit. I didn't even know one could get an 18 inch pizza, the box it came in was so big I cudnay get it in me mobeele home. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

would come see Clara if I were you, just don't plan on spending long here, you might get a bit bored

God I don't know how you could say that - two more swimming pools than Tullamore? Ok so they are not the cleanest or modern but they do the job! There's also have the driving range. There mightn't be that much more but it's a lot better than the other small towns or villages around!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

well i agree tis more than tullamore...and its bad when im sayin that, cause im from tullamore!!!!:eek::eek:

It's a real factory town really if you know what I mean.

If you're a sporty type, there's a leisure centre, the pool, the GAA, the soccer (where's their pitch these days btw?) and the pitch 'n putt. Other than that, not a lot. It's one of those towns where a lot of the young people get the hell out as soon as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donasus

avoid it!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Used to have a poor rep in the 90's, most of it deserved.

I remember once being at a party in The Mill House, 2 girls started fighting & knocking over tables & the like, no one even battered an eye lid.

Clara people loved to be called "hawks".
    Thank me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Used to have a poor rep in the 90's, most of it deserved.

I remember once being at a party in The Mill House, 2 girls started fighting & knocking over tables & the like, no one even battered an eye lid.

Clara people loved to be called "hawks".
    Thank me later.

Your a braver man than i am saying that!!!!!:eek:

God bless the anonymity of the internet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SDunne4

TomTom wrote: »
    Nah, not my cup of tea. There are new houses on the tullamore side but really not my sort of town.

Now Tom it's not that bad and the people are nice eh..hem aren't they :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Pound for pound, the finest women of Ireland come from Clara.

Mind you, they do walk on four legs and Moo

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SDunne4

Mind you, they do walk on four legs and Moo

Is this apposed to your preferences… the ones that go around and all fours bleating! :D

apposed?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Clara,classy place.....went to skool in killina with a load of hawks back in the day

• Advertisement

can you please educate me and explain a "hawk" in the context that it's being used here...?

Advertisement