Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.midway.ie irish online date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Anyone else have trouble with buying from Midway in the UK. I just brought my first item and when posted it was returned from the ParcelForce Coventry depot as they do sent to Ireland from there. When I E-mailed Midway to find out where my parcel was they replied:

"Dear Mr Xxxxxxxx,
    We do not ship outside the UK. Hence ParcelForce returned the order as we do not have an agreement with them for international shipments. I had requested that the order be posted via Royal Mail, on this occasion only.
    Please do not place any more orders online as they will be cancelled in
    future.
    Kind regards,
    Gavin Mair
    Midway UK Ltd"

Well anybody else got this service from them??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

clivej wrote: »
    Anyone else have trouble with buying from Midway in the UK.
    As far as I know (and I'd love to be proven wrong), none of the Midway franchisees will ship outside of their own jurisdiction; I suspect this may be part of their contract with Midway.

I'm guessing you just slipped through their ordering process before the 'mistake' was noticed.

"Dear Mr Xxxxxxxx,
    We do not ship outside the UK. Hence ParcelForce returned the order as we do not have an agreement with them for international shipments. I had requested that the order be posted via Royal Mail, on this occasion only.
    Please do not place any more orders online as they will be cancelled in
    future........................
    It arrived on Friday :D
    Next time I will get any items sent to my sister in the UK on then sent on to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Anyone bought from Midway Ireland as yet? Any more updates? I'll be sending off for a catalogue tomorrow if I get the time.

johngalway wrote: »
    Anyone bought from Midway Ireland as yet? Any more updates? I'll be sending off for a catalogue tomorrow if I get the time.

John I was talking to John Green a couple of weeks ago and he was only getting the Irish catalogues printed so I doubt if they are ready yet.

Give him a buzz, I don't have the number offhand.

• Advertisement

Cheers Clive, I'll find it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

John's number - 0863554425

thelurcher wrote: »
    John's number - 0863554425

John isn't always able to answer the moblie so send him a txt message if no answer. John likes a good chat does John.;)

I was looking at some of the stocks that John has made, complete works of art and they also hold the action on as well, nearly to good to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

John isn't always able to answer the moblie so send him a txt message if no answer. John likes a good chat does John.;)

I was looking at some of the stocks that John has made, complete works of art and they also hold the action on as well, nearly to good to use.

I reckon you'll find the stocks are imported from US as near ready to drop in pieces

I reckon you'll find the stocks are imported from US as near ready to drop in pieces

NO Bunny Shooter he gets blank laminate in and he has a routing computer machine to give a good shape to the blank and then finishes them off by hand.
    He can get you a thumbhole stock that fits your hand exatcly with finger carve-outs in the pistle grip part. If your near waterford its worth calling in to see his work.
    He's a great gunsmith and is able to build complete guns for you. Seen a bolt he made from bar stock for his target rifle, it's got a fluted finish that also twists around the bolt at the same time looks great.
    Want a muzzel brake or different ball, eg teardrop, on your bolt he's the man.
    only IMO of course. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Clive PM sent

Perhaps I'm all to new to this sport and don't see with the 'OLD EYES' that other people who have been shooting far longer than I have and than I ever will do. Point taken from Bunny Shooter's PM that not everyone is a happy camper!

I'm being a nosey git. Any chance of sharing that if it's need to know info?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

I got him to do 1 job before for me - screw cut and shorten the barrel of a cz452 - he did a perfect job - cheaper than locally and finished on-time.
    I know it's not a very difficult thing to do but I've seen some brutal cock-ups.
    Still shoots as good as it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭.243

just a small update,midway is up and running but only on a dealer basis for now(he has the only access the irish side of the website),
    john is buying bits and pieces on a weekly basis to test the postage system before they let it out to the irish public so that any glitches can be dealt with first,
    he will also be bringing catalogs to the birr fair,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Any more news on this lads?

murph226 wrote: »
    Any more news on this lads?

I was talking to JG last week and it be live in a couple of weeks.

But then he's been saying this for like ever. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

Thats great news,thats a long time coming now. Havent heard much about him lately. Does he still make those stocks on that computer machine he has, I have an idea Im thinking of for a while but he never answers the phone or replies to my messages, whats the story is he still on the go or what.

thedragon wrote: »
    Thats great news,thats a long time coming now. Havent heard much about him lately. Does he still make those stocks on that computer machine he has, I have an idea Im thinking of for a while but he never answers the phone or replies to my messages, whats the story is he still on the go or what.

On the go OK and very busy by all accounts.

The Irish Midway prices will be much the same as the German Midway prices, about 25% more than the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Once he will have a similiar range of products I dont mind too much but if it's too expensive, I doubt he'll do too much buisness

• Advertisement

Said it before and I'll say it again, was announced way too early. Been announced once or twice again since then. Only makes people fed up TBH. Not knocking it, just think it's a bad way of doing it, get the thing working then the news would have spread real real fast. Agree with Cavan Shooter on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

i was in with him last week and he is actually in germany at the moment trying to get this set up ,,so maybe soon...

I took a look at Midway UK last night and TBH,I cant see anything on it that would arouse the interests of the Irish shooter. Maybe Im wrong but thats what I think anyway.

I took a look at Midway UK last night and TBH,I cant see anything on it that would arouse the interests of the Irish shooter. Maybe Im wrong but thats what I think anyway.

You right there's nothing there to do with shooting in any way. :cool:

You right there's nothing there to do with shooting in any way. :cool:

I didnt say that. What I said was theres not much that would interest the Irish shooter. It might not be a worthwhile investment. Cabelas might be more what the Irishman would be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Just as an experiment I tried the following for 1 item

Midway USA $238 (=approx €170
    Midway UK £249 (= approx €285
    Midway Germany €417
    Midway Spain €321
    Midway Sweden KR3676 (=approx €370
    Midway Norway KR3670 (=approx €390
    Midway Italy €311
    Midway Switzerland FR475 (=approx €313

Leaving out USA how come such a difference between cheapest in Europe (UK at €285) and dearest in Europe (Germany at €417).
    Even allowing for different VAT and Duty rates, someone is having a laugh

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Yeah i stand by my previous comments. Its not going to be "cheap"

I actually think it would be a waste of time and money. Dont want to sound the pesimist but its just not one of these "moments weve all been waiting for" type thing. I reckon if it was there in the first place,Midway UK would do whatever it took in order to keep delivering into Ireland,they wouldnt be waiting for someone else to take over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

I actually think it would be a waste of time and money. Dont want to sound the pesimist but its just not one of these "moments weve all been waiting for" type thing. I reckon if it was there in the first place,Midway UK would do whatever it took in order to keep delivering into Ireland,they wouldnt be waiting for someone else to take over.

Midway Uk don't or at least are not supposed to deliver into Ireland so it shouldn't matter to them.

• Advertisement

foxhunter wrote: »
    Midway Uk don't or at least are not supposed to deliver into Ireland so it shouldn't matter to them.

they will not deliver out of the UK but the answer is to get it sent to someone who will then send it on to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement