Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.midway.ie irish online date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

Seems the web page www.midway.ie has all ready being taking by some one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Seems the web page www.midway.ie has all ready being taking by some one :rolleyes:

That won't be the web address it will go something like midwayireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

clivej wrote: »
    That won't be the web address it will go something like midwayireland.ie

Is there any sign of it coming on line!!

Is there any sign of it coming on line!!

He said it will go live in the new year but he didn't say which year. I've been hearing this for three years now. Don't hold your breath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

He said it will go live in the new year but he didn't say which year. I've been hearing this for three years now. Don't hold your breath

What situation is he in regards getting his rifles out? Is he getting alot done or is there still alot waiting for theirs to be done?

• Advertisement

patsat wrote: »
    What situation is he in regards getting his rifles out? Is he getting alot done or is there still alot waiting for theirs to be done?

Can't answer that one Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Can't answer that one Pat

i was talking to john today about it.

he said the website was with the department to be checked out and it should be up and running in a couple of weeks.

i look forward to seeing it up and running:D

poulo6.5 wrote: »

he said the website was with the department to be checked out and it should be up and running in a couple of weeks.

And he's been saying that all last year '10 as well.
    But hopefully it will up and running soon

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Department of what? So websites have to be checked by a department now then? Well that should solve the unemployment problem being as there are billions of websites.

Can you tell more Poulo?

fodda wrote: »
    Department of what? So websites have to be checked by a department now then? Well that should solve the unemployment problem being as there are billions of websites.

Can you tell more Poulo?

no need to be so snippy, as per my quote.

i assume the DOJ would have more than little interest in a website that is used for buying gun related bits and pieces from.

so i guess he meant the department of justice, or the gards or who ever is in charge of allowing him to operate such a website.

i did not question him as it is not any of my business. he surrendered that information all by him self.

• Advertisement

i assume the DOJ would have more than little interest in a website that is used for buying gun related bits and pieces from.

so i guess he meant the department of justice, or the gards or who ever is in charge of allowing him to operate such a website.

i did not question him as it is not any of my business. he surrendered that information all by him self.

Yes it's all to do with what he can and can't sell through the site.
    So some stuff will not appear for sale on the Irish Midway website.

Hey Poulo. I wasnt having a dig at you........:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Yes it's all to do with what he can and can't sell through the site.
    So some stuff will not appear for sale on the Irish Midway website.

Correct. The DOJ are going through the list of what is available on line...... Fek knows how long they will take though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

By the time that bunch of overpaid under knowledged [by their own admission!!!!]on firearms and related matters shower have finished with this there wont BE anything he could sell at all to us.:mad:

To misquote our ol friend Mr Micheal Mac Dowell!!!:eek::D [thought it was a fitting quote]

"That is like letting a troop of Chimps armed with screwdrivers loose at the back of your TV set!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

rrpc wrote: »
    And before anyone says it, PayPal do charge, but are still very competitive compared to the so-called mainstream payment methods.

Unfortunatly with paypal they do not kindly to take to any sales of firearms related

from https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_full

"Prohibited Activities"

relate to sales of (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (e) items that are considered obscene, (f) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (g) certain sexually oriented materials or services, or (h) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (i) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law

Ive heard of several companies having funds seized because of this so I wouldnt use paypal for that purpose

ormondprop wrote: »
    there has been so many rumours floating around for so long about this i've given up hope, i won't believe it till i see it

I cant see how it will be as cheap as ordering parts from brownells or sinclaire (there both now owned by the same family and share websites)unless you are ordering something small and the shipping makes it not worth your while.

Since everything will either be imported from the US or the UK then why not get it at source ??

Can someone please tell me what is going to be avaliable from this website that isnt already avaliable from other shooting websites that can obviously be sold here i am talking about?

I have a quick look at the USA site and it seems a lot of home loading and gun gear which we cant have here but normal shooting/outdoors gear already here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

probably nothing fodda i think that is the point but as midway uk sell all sorts of gun parts and reloading equiptment im sure it needs to be castrated for the irish user :rolleyes: as we can't make desicions for ourselves remember and
    as it's on line the doj probably wants to satisfy it'self that what is being offered for sale breaches no legislation yadd yadda yadda
    i know i bought a stock through john from midway and it worked out the same sort of price here and fitted as either getting it in the uk and sent over or in the states however the trouble with the states was they don't like dealing out of thier comfort zone and have a problem shipping stocks to ireland
    give the man chance let him get it up and running if it works fantastic if not well he tried
    there seems to be a mentality on this website to knock him for whatever he does or dosn't do
    i know he no longer posts here but does look at boards would it not be nice to give him a bit of support for a change

Sorry fodda I thought for a min that you were blaming me for the delay on the site. I was probably the one that read your post wrong. :D

But I do think we should support John in trying to open up the Market for us. What ever we are eventually allowed to buy from this site at least it offers choice and compatition on the Market.
    That can't be a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

your right poulo. the department of justice have to pass it first. when john started bringing in the IOR sights he brought in three in initial batch. myself and belowaverage had two of them and i can tell you it took ages for them to get cleared by the department. john was telling me that one of the lads working in there was being very snaggy to say the least. cant wait till the midway site is up and running myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Lads if you're looking for a good selection of gear online, Triebel is a great site and the staff are very helpful!

This midway thing is 2 years in the making now, I wouldn't hold my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

I was in John Greenes shop this morning and he had the "Midway Ireland" website up on his computer in the shop, its fully functional but just has to go live after a few more tweeks.
    The website looks nice.
    Fair play to him for finally getting it sorted, at least it'll be another option for us all when looking for something .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Was there any prices on it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Good to hear that its finally coming.

I'm not so naive as to think that the prices will compete with the US or even England, as the prices will still be subject to the same VAT, Taxes and duties as everything else we ship in purselves, but i'm hoping that with the bulk buying power of MidWay that the prices will be very competitive. Plus i would like to see the variety that other MidWay outlets carry in relation to gear and equipment.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

i cant wait for this the midway site is excellent for the ruger tweeking nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm going to be curious to see whether they intend to sell ammo by mail order, the variety and prices which will be possible.

murph226 wrote: »
    Was there any prices on it?

John was looking up something for me on it earlier on today but I couldnt see the small writing from the otherside of the counter, but I'm pretty sure there was prices alongside the items on screen.
    The homepage was looking good with the "Midway Ireland" logo up top, it looks the business. John said it isnt live yet but should be soon enough:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I'm going to be curious to see whether they intend to sell ammo by mail order, the variety and prices which will be possible.

Mail order (OK, secure courier order) is already available from most dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

johngalway wrote: »
    Mail order (OK, secure courier order) is already available from most dealers.

I know, just going to be interesting to see how what should be the largest and best supplier deals with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭niteowl84

This is excellent news did he say when it should be up and running?

• Advertisement

niteowl84 wrote: »
    This is excellent news did he say when it should be up and running?

He didnt give a definite date but by the way he was talking, I dont think we'll be waiting too much longer:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement