Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Morocco

Options
  • 03-01-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has surfed or stayed in Morocco? Was thinking of heading out for a week in Feb.

Any advice on surf camps, or if the breaks are too crowded now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dap75au

Hey, I was there this christmas. Quality waves and not crowded at all. Surfed in Tagazhoute which has some quality breaks within walking distance and surfed in Agadir, which was ok but closes out a bit..My problem was that I'd no car rental or board with me so was really relying on renting a board and public transport. If you rent your own car and have a board you are away in a hack.
    There are a couple of surf camps around Tagazhoute, can't remember name of them but you should be able to google them, I think one of them is run by an Irish guy
    People said water was cold but I only wore a shortie suit out and was fine..
    Oh yeah Morocco rocks:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 darrragh

fly to agadir with aerlingus (pack your boards in pairs and pay half the handling fees)
    stay in Tagazhoute
    hire a car its expensive but means u should get surf every day, and when its good u get uncrowded waves.
    U can stay with a surf camp they are nice i here but expect to pay European prices.
    best thing is to arrive in town and announce you are looking for a room or apartment or whatever.

I had a room on anchor point for 4 euro a night in December
    in sept October i had an 2 bed apartment on hash point for 12 euro a night.

rental boards are ****. over there maybe the Mal's are okish short boards are ****ed

Advertisement