Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontpage and compatible hosts

Options
  • 03-01-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am putting together a website for displaying my photos and I am using Microsoft Frontpage. This is the first time I've attempted this and I am just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a host that will be compatible with Frontpage. I believe that you have to get one that is compatible, but I could be wrong so someone might be able to put me right there as well. Forgive me for being so green when it comes to this, but we all have to start somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well provided you arn't actually using Frontpage technologies and just using frontpage to create normal HTML pages then any host will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Most hosts will support it but you should note that Microsoft have discontinued support for frontpage since last year.

If you'd like, I can send you a free copy of Microsoft Expressions Web - which is their new web site creation tool...

Just pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Stay away from frontpage at all costs. We all have to start somewhere but you would be better starting off with a proper tool like Dreamweaver or even MS Expression Web as Steve suggests.

Trust me, you'll have a lot less headache without FP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Expressions web is a LOT better than Frontpage, though it's still got to make up a lot of ground vs. the likes of Dreamweaver.

Last time I checked you could download it for free, though that may have changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

You can only download a 60-day trial. Still, may be useful to try it first.

http://www.microsoft.com/Expression/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Most hosters who provide Windows hosting services should have the Microsoft Frontpage Server extensions installed by default. But as Steve, DJB and Blacknight pointed out you'd be best to use something like Expression Web or Dreamweaver if you need a WYSIWYG to develop your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Thanks folks for all the replies amd advice. I am now sure that I will be using Expressions Web. I am not a professional or even trying to create a profesional style website, its just an amateur project to display some of my photos and learn a little about creating websites in the process. Thanks again.

Advertisement