Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs & Set Pieces

Options
  • 03-01-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Heres a question put to Martin Tyler on Sky Sports.com. I dont think it will suprise anyone.
    How the fcuk are they gonna sort this problem, as it's becoming a joke?

'SET-PIECE SHAMBLES'
    I could not believe Spurs letting in two goals from set-pieces AGAIN, against Villa. Can you please tell me how many goals we have let in from free-kicks and corners - maybe then, Juande Ramos and Gus Poyet will do something about it! Rob Seebourne
    MARTIN SAYS:
    I am not convinced Juande Ramos and Gus Poyet turn to my weekly column as part of their coaching methods Rob, but if they did, the answer to your question would not make very happy reading! You probably won't be surprised to know that Spurs have the Premier League's worst record for conceding goals from set pieces, currently at 19. That represents exactly half the goals they have conceded in 21 games to date and is seven goals worse than Sunderland, who are the closest to them with 12.

There are some other interesting stats in the article http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_story/0,19793,12038_3019258,00.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I'm not surprised - my dogs leave the room every time the opposition get a set piece!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Martin Tyler couldn't find his arse with both hands and a pack of hunting hounds, so I doubt Juande and Gus read his weekly column before they jog out on to the training field...

Huddlestone guilty for a few recently, shows up his lack of natural pace.

Dawson went missing for Villa's first, and O'Hara should never have been on Laursen for the 2nd.

Maybe that long streak of Bulgarian piss should stop marking the post? Could do with more height attacking the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Another game, Another Set Piece Goal conceded.

I wasnt at the game and thank god that it wasnt on the box. Think I would have smashed the tv to fcuk if I had watched it.

What with Carling Cup and Uefa games coming up, the last thing we need is a replay away to Reading. C'mon Juande and Gus, sort it out and get us defenders that know how to defend a corner or free kick.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I like Dawson, and I love Ledley. Im a big fan of Chimbonda.

But I am now of the opinion that we should just get in 3 new centre backs, and get rid of what we have. THis is just getting stupid.And we need a new keeper.

Robinson is the one who should be organising the defence. At the end of the day, these are his reponsibilities. He is not controlling his defense, he is not controlling his area. He is not vocal enough.
    And he is making the most basic of errors. EPLs best keeper, along with Cech, at reaction saves, but everything else is medicore. He cost us so many points last year, and he has cost us soo many this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Canizares is available now, shouldnt we be going in for him?

• Advertisement
Advertisement