Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N95 and O2 3g 10GB Broadband

• 03-01-2008 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi,

just got the O2 10GB broadband add-on for the N95.

However, I can't get it to work in 3G - only GPRS/Edge. I contacted O2 Customer Service, and they tell me that all the settings are correct. I tried the SIM card in another phone and got 3G working that way. So that would indicate a problem with the phone itself or one of the phone settings.

Anyone have any idea of what might be the problem or how to fix it ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

You may not have 3G or HSDPA, if you drive around you will find it.

Also check the O2 Website for 2 and 3G upgrade plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

Flying wrote: »
    You may not have 3G or HSDPA, if you drive around you will find it.

Well, customer service say there should be a good signal here - and it my SIM card got 3g service in another phone.
    Also check the O2 Website for 2 and 3G upgrade plans

I thought that was what the 10GB broadband add-on was for - or am I missing something ???

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Maybe you need to upgrade the firmware I do know that older firmware versions of the N95 would not display 3.5G.

Where abouts are you located ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

It's a new phone - and I updated the firmware to the latest version using the software updater.

I'm in Dun Laoghaire - and I know other people can get 3G service here.

Thanks anyway Flying - maybe I should just return the phone ????

Advertisement