Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise pollution from neighbours

Options
  • 03-01-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if this is the place to be asking this BUT as a new home owner i am having terrible trouble with our neighbors playing music at all times of the day an night. I have approached them about it but to no avail. The police have gotten to the stage where they have said there is nothing else they can do so i am now looking for some sort of legal action alternative. There just dosent seem to be any clear legislation in place for people in my position. Aparently i have to prove that the noise is constant and hire a lawyer to bring these people to court. I am wondering has anyone else been in this position and could they offer any advice. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this!
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 gimmeabrk07

sympathy for you rain we are in the same position as yourself, and the guards will end up giving you just as much grief as the neighbours. you dont need a solicitor to take them to court but you will need to contact the district courts in dolphin house (beside the quays) and get a complaint form and a few documents signed by a commishioner of oaths. it takes a month or so to get to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Here (pdf warning) is a full and complete guide to noise pollution regulations in Ireland and what you can do about it.

We seem to be getting a lot of these threads lately, maybe make it a sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Thanks guys , it realy is a horrible thing to have to put up with, its the arrogance and ignorance of the people that realy gets my blood boiling. Its the fact that its a family and the parents are as bad as the kids infact on some days we have 3 or 4 diffrent genres of music playing from house. It would be something if we were living beside students but these people are just plain bad. Thanks for the advice i didnt think it would be as fast as a month. !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Also ,
    Thanks for the Doc Sam it made for good reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

RAIN wrote: »
    as a new home owner
    Are you happy the sound insulation is adequate?

• Advertisement
Advertisement