Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hutton from Rangers

Options
  • 03-01-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Looks like Hutton is on his way from Rangers. 8m.
    Spurs close on £8m Hutton switch

Hutton has been in superb form for Rangers this season
    Rangers and Tottenham are in talks over the transfer of Alan Hutton to the English Premier League club.
    BBC Scotland understands that a fee of about £8m could secure the sale of the Scottish international right-back.

Newcastle have also been credited with an interest in the 23-year-old, who signed a five-year deal in July and has been in superb form this season.

Hutton received praise from Sir Alex Ferguson following his performances in Scotland's Euro 2008 campaign.

Speaking last month, Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist urged Hutton to remain at Ibrox.

"I'd like him to stay here for a long time and win things with Rangers," McCoist said.

"I have no doubt Alan is destined for great things but I believe those great things can be with Rangers."

from bbc.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Don't watch sweaty football, but I'm told he's a good 'un.

Hope he likes to get stuck in, we need someone with a bit of bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Don't watch sewaty football, but I'm told he's a good 'un.

Hope he likes to get stuck in, we need someone with a bit of bite.

badly needed. hope he's more mackay than calderwood though ;)

yiddo wrote: »
    badly needed. hope he's more mackay than calderwood though ;)

I'd cream myself if he came close to a Mackay...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

hav'nt seen too much of this guy but is he much of a step up from chimbonda?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

he has turned us down

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    hav'nt seen too much of this guy but is he much of a step up from chimbonda?

Better defensively without a doubt but it all looks academic now :mad:

Hun bastard...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

twist in the story he now wants 2 or 3 days to think about the move and talk to his family,IMO i think he will sign after thinking about leaving the poor league which is th e SPL

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

He was outstanding against Italy. (Did no-one watch that game!?)
    Man of the Match.

Does anyone else reckon Chim and Bale could eventually play on the midfield flanks...or does Ramos just not fancy either of them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

He was outstanding against Italy. (Did no-one watch that game!?)
    Man of the Match.

Does anyone else reckon Chim and Bale could eventually play on the midfield flanks...or does Ramos just not fancy either of them??

I'm no spurs fan first of all, but i think Spurs would be better selling chimbonda and if they do sign Hutton which at the moment looks un-likey as they he has turned them, he would be a great signing. I saw the game against Italy and couple of rangers games this season and he looks like another Steve Finnan in my view.

• Advertisement

Barlow07 wrote: »
    I'm no spurs fan first of all, but i think Spurs would be better selling chimbonda and if they do sign Hutton which at the moment looks un-likey as they he has turned them, he would be a great signing.

I'm confused...we should sell our first choice RB with no cover (other than a teenage Welsh full back who was signed as cover for our other, injured, teengae Welsh full back)?

I suspect a bid for Hutton means Ramos is looking at playing 3-5-2 with Hutton and Bale as wing backs, and Chimbonda on the right of a back 3 (possibly with King and Kaboul)

Would certainly put an extra body in the centre of midfield to help protect the back line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

i agree,i thought chimbonda was good as an emergency c back,well at least he was'nt as bad as the others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hope your wrong on the wing-backs theory skip, not a fan of it at all, not many teams have had any success with it. I think he played 442 with Sevilla, with the full backs pushing on at every opportunity, just look at alves !! He wont have the team and system he fully wants till next season i would have thought !!

I wouldnt sell Chimbonda either, assuming we got Hutton, Chim would be good cover for right full and centre half.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    twist in the story he now wants 2 or 3 days to think about the move and talk to his family,IMO i think he will sign after thinking about leaving the poor league which is th e SPL

I dunno I think he'll end up at Man u and he's just getting the Gers supporters used to the idea that he's gonna move.

Sky saying that Man U have made a bid for Hutton.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Ramos is a big fan of the 3-5-2 formation.
    Expect it to be the standard formation next season.

Advertisement