Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating Oil

Options
  • 03-01-2008 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know anywhere that will sell a couple of drums of Kerosene Oil in the North-East?

Ran out of oil this evening and new baby in the house - ringing around and no delivery until Monday..

On a similar note, anyone know of any oil monitors that work (I know, I know.. obvious way is go out and stick my head into the tank but it's one of those things that gets forgotten).

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

paulocon wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone know anywhere that will sell a couple of drums of Kerosene Oil in the North-East?

Ran out of oil this evening and new baby in the house - ringing around and no delivery until Monday..

On a similar note, anyone know of any oil monitors that work (I know, I know.. obvious way is go out and stick my head into the tank but it's one of those things that gets forgotten).

Cheers in advance

This isn't me :( Because I would never suggest that you try to tip the tank towards the outlet pipe. This can often cause damage to the pipe and cause a leak. If the pipe is copper and there seems to be plenty of movement, you might get away with it. If there is water and sludge in the bottom of the tank, it may get into the outlet pipe. If you were to do this, you wouuld also have to know which nut to loosen on the oil pump to bleed it and let out the air. So, I hope that someone can get you some oil.
    Now that air has got into the system, you may need quite a few drums - which I am afraid are very messy to try to pour into a tank.

I would have though that a good oil company would make an exception and get you a few litres, because of the baby, weather etc.
    I hope that you get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Cheers James - exactly what I done.
    Bled successfully and all...

WIll ring around a few more in the morning though if the snow doesn't stop, there'll be no-one brave enough to chance down our country 'road' tomorrow..

Advertisement