Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firewall on my pc wont let me connect my laptop to the internet

Options
  • 03-01-2008 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

hi, how do i allow my laptop to connect by wireless connection to the internet, My desktop pc firewall seems to be blocking it getting through. i have a modem and router and simply want to configure the Windows firewall to allow my laptop on the internet. I have windows XP on both. Please advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Can you prove that the firewall is blocking? Turn off the firewall and try to connect. Can u connect via a wired connection? Might be something else causing the connection problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

degsie wrote: »
    Can you prove that the firewall is blocking? Turn off the firewall and try to connect. Can u connect via a wired connection? Might be something else causing the connection problem.

its working now thanks. it was the firewall afaik, got aa freind to set it up. i think he just set the firewall to low.

Advertisement