Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of doing retail and services management.can anybody give me some advice

Options
  • 03-01-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hiya,im currently studying fine art in limerick and want to change my course completely.Really interested in the retail and services course in dit.Is there anybody studying this presently?how do you find the course?
    I know this business course is quite different to art but i want to be employable!!I am hoping i can apply it to jobs in the fashion world.
    would appreciate any advice :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 thefox84

it would be better if you had some interest in marketing/business as a hugh number of the people who start this course never actually finish. if you do come through it with a dip you can go on and do a marketing degree. just be aware that there are not to many fashion jobs in Ireland (appart from sales) and the interesting fashion jobs are in london.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

Hiya, just saw this on the DIT website.

http://www.dit.ie/DIT/news/2007/fashion-buying.html

It may be an option to finish your current degree, and then do this course? Unless you really want to get back to Dublin now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mirsiam

thanks very much for that.its definitly an idea.im going to ring the course leader in that and see where im at then.thanks for thinking of me!!!:)

Advertisement