Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a few n00b Questions

Options
  • 03-01-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Just a few Q's
    Are the knights of comeonbanus a group of friends that have a private place to chat or something? Just had to ask as alot of ppl have that name on their signature.

Whats this mean?
    lolmasonsmallbe6.jpg

How does one become a mod?Through sensibilty or the number of posts they've made?

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The symbol is assumed to belong to a certain forum on this site.

Moderator test http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27477

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

1. http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Board:The_Knights_Of_Comeonbanus

2. Icon: Used by a small number of members of Lolocaust. It caused hurt and upset to certain members of an organisation. It's rarely if at all used.

3. Moderator: If you have to ask...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Wiki page for Comeonbanus is here.

You become a mod by constantly nagging one of the administrators with such phrases as "can I be a mod yet?!?!". :)
    Seriously though, the best thing is not to ask about it and be a good contributor on boards and keep your nose clean, sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gaelic Ghost

one last thing

What does ftw mean?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It means for the win.

• Advertisement

What does ftw mean?
    Study this
    There'll be a test later.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

biko wrote: »
    Study this
    There'll be a test later.

TL;DR

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

how do you get stars below your name are they given to you or do you just get them over time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The stars denote the usergroup and postcount of a user. The red stars you might see are people who subscribe to the site. More info here.

thanks clears it all up for but what if somebody had no stars what does that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

thanks clears it all up for but what if somebody had no stars what does that mean?

I don't think anyone has no stars. I'm pretty sure everyone starts off with one.

no i've definatly seen people with no stars below there name

If you see them again link their profile here and we'll have a look. Don't think I've ever seen a poster with no stars.

If you come across that user again, post the name here. I don't think I've seen anyone without stars (not that I have been looking) :D

Your getting slow in your old age biko.

Maybe you are thinking of unregger users. In some forums (Personal Issues, Lesbians Gay and Bi sexuals to name a few) people are allowed to post un-regged for anonimity and other reasons. See here for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I've seen it before too on user profiles with only one post made.

Mweelrea wrote: »
    I've seen it before too on user profiles with only one post made.

You are actually correct. You need to make five posts before you get a star.

Be gorra! That's what it is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Glad to be of service.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement