Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Distance Learning - Colleges

Options
  • 03-01-2008 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,
    I have completed a certified accounting tech course and want to do my final exams via home study, has anyone done this? I would be grateful of any advice. I got some information about Griffith college in Dublin who do home study but only do a few modules.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

Distance learning courses on offer are more or less the same so I recommend having a look at what ACCA study material you are happy using as they can be quite different. Options are BPP, Kaplan and IFP. Different colleges use different publishers. I quite like Kaplan myself, mainly because of the fabulous little pocket notes book (its pretty small!) and the books are laid out well.

Then go with a college that uses that material.

If you do distance learning, the fee doesn't usually include the revision course. It just includes the books and contact with a lecturer.

For my F2 studies i bought the books myself, studied at home and thus only paid for the revision course and exam fee.

So if you can do without contact with a lecturer (has anyone ever actually bothered to contact a lecturer from doing distance learning??), i say just buy the books yourself. (But then again if money is no issue as an employer is paying then go ahead and spend spend spend and pay for the distance learning!)

I've never actually done a distance learning course, so I only know what i've read that they offer. If they offer more than the books and contact with a lecturer, i'd be interest to know!

So up to you, you have many choices! ACCA is go flexible its great!

Advertisement