Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend New Phone & Change of Network

• 03-01-2008 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭

looking to change my phone which is sony ericsson k610im on O2 bill pay

i need a phone with a memory card, camera, maybe a radio if possible.

also can you recommend which network to move to - it will be a bill pay - meteor, vodafone or 3?
    i wouldn't be a big spender, my bills wouldn't be that high on the mobile so i will probably opting for the lower bill pay option whichever network offers the best

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

k800i, it's on o2 and vodafone, amazing camera, has the radio, not sure if they're selling it with the memory card though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I went for Meteor Talk 60 (but make sure you get the one with the free Meteor texts) myself.

What's your usage like? Ring O2 and ask them to go through your usage over the last 3 months for you.

They'll give you breakdown of minutes / SMS / networks etc.

Thsi will help you make a more informed decision.

Re phone: I like the SOny Ericsson K800i which you could buy on Speakeasy and unlock for 20 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Ok lets get us some info on you -

firstly - whats your current priceplan on o2?

secondly - whats your usage like, do you use more or less than your montly allowance, and if so, by how much?

thirdly - are they offering you an upgrade, if so what level, silver, gold, platinum or diamond?

What features do you want your phone to have, i know you've listed some but other likes dislikes would be useful.

Post these and its easier to make a recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

neilled wrote: »
    Ok lets get us some info on you -

firstly - whats your current priceplan on o2?

secondly - whats your usage like, do you use more or less than your montly allowance, and if so, by how much?

thirdly - are they offering you an upgrade, if so what level, silver, gold, platinum or diamond?

What features do you want your phone to have, i know you've listed some but other likes dislikes would be useful.

Post these and its easier to make a recommendation.

on price plan active life 40

since march last year lowest bill was €28.00, highest bill was €66.00

not offering me a upgrade

definitely don't want imode on phone

just thinking now maybe i would be better going for speak easy and getting rid of bill because i don't spend that much really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Are you not still in contract??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Are you not still in contract??

still have contract phone (don't like the phone i have)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

In that case why dont you buy something on speakeasy and just use that. The K800i is a great phone and is cheap enough.
    Just that if you are using your phone as little as you say, I cant really see any reason for changing network tbh.

Advertisement