Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming media from PC

• 03-01-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone use this feature much? I already have a Pinnacle Show Center 200, which isn't bad at all, but if the xbox is good at streaming content, then it's a bit redundant, so I may as well flog it on eBay.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

I wouldn't if I were you. The 360 can't handle certain types of avi encodings at the moment, not sure if they'll ever bother to rectify this or support the encodings. Not too big a deal.

What annoys me more is it not recognising Ogg Vorbis music files off the bat :mad: Oh well, off to teh Google web to look for answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

I give a big thumbs up to TVersity.

I haven't found a file yet that it wouldn't play (stream) onto my 360. If you try and stream over a file that the 360 doesn't usually support, it just transcodes it on the fly so that it'll play.

No lag at all, you wouldn't know that the content isn't on the 360's own hard drive except for a 2 second "buffering" which it displays at the start of a video now and again ( I think it's usually with a video that has never been played before.)

Once you set it up you can close the program (you can even close it from the taskbar) and then as long as the PC is on the 360 will be able to stream content from it. You only need to open the program again if you wanna make changes to the library etc. Plus its free.

Edit : I'm streaming DVD quality divx files and music, I don't know how it would perform with HD content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've been streaming just using the basic set up of having Windows Media Player open on the PC. It had been working fine until recently, but now for some reason the playback stops every two minutes or so for buffering, which is really annoying and pretty unwatchable.

May look into this TVersity thingy if that would solve the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I use connect360 to stream music/video from my macbook to the xbox, very handy and has played all my xvids so far.

I've got a MCE pc as well, which works well for pulling down content that way too, but personally i prefer connect360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

yeah my main gripe is buffering of streaming avi files over my wireless network - the buffering takes ages - even though the connection is classed as "excellent"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Buffering on TVersity is almost non-existent in my experience, and when it does buffer it's for literally 2 seconds at the very start.

I should say though that my PC and 360 are both connected to the same router via ethernet cables, don't know if that is giving me lower buffer times or anything.

Advertisement