Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the kids....

Options
  • 03-01-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Last summer in the run up to exams, while I was doing the usual boards/bebo/anything to avoid study, I was doing a bit of spring cleaning of my room and I stumbled across all my old Leaving Cert notes. I know a lot of my friends have thrown out their notes by now, but I just feel like I put way too much effort into them to throw them away! So I thought I might make an effort to put them online, so that other people could get a bit of use/benefit from them.

I searched around for a site where I could put them so that they could be of use to younger generations doing the leaving cert over the coming years. I couldn’t find any site where I could put my notes, so long story short, I built one! (yes, I really am a dosser and do anything but study at exam time!)

The site is http://www.zulunotes.com

I posted it in the LC forum at the time and got a fairly good response. There’s a fair few active users contributing to it and even more seem to be benefiting from the notes!

I was doing commerce, and I actually found that putting up my economics notes was a good help at studying. One or two of the members who are studying sciences seem to think the same thing, so I decided to start this thread for anyone who might be interested in joining us in having a bash at making a comprehensive leaving cert wiki!

At present not all subjects have content, but a few are starting to take shape and grow (Applied Maths, English, Maths, Economics, Classical Studies, Biology)

While we work away at it, I thought it might be an idea to post it here because 1) boards users are usually pretty helpful 2) I know I have so many notes because I thought writing them out was the best way of learning, so others here might find creating an entry on a certain topic/essay may help and 3) because everyone gets bored of study and needs some distraction, that's the only reason I started doing it!!

So please feel free to create an account and add a page or two, or even just a bit about a subject, table of contents etc, or give some feedback here or to me by PM, all would be welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

hah, had a glance at the "basic algebra" notes..... difference of 2 squares.... ahh the nostalgia :D God I hate maths :p

Good site

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

fecked if im scanning all my notes ! I took more for the leaving than I do for college!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

nice one!but i am too lazy to scan my stuffs.....

i thought you may open a section where people can shout out if they giving away their *actual* notes ,set a time or place etc.

Edit:ah,it's a part from wiki...so never mind my last sentence...

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

TBH, i didn't think that anyone would scan all their notes! Most users of the site have contributed a little bit here or there, e.g. one essay, a few definition, analysis of a poem etc.

If you wanted to give away your notes i'm sure you could just announce it on boards. The thought behind the site was that if alot of people chipped in a little, it could help everyone who needs it, as opposed to the one on one limitation of note sharing.

Advertisement