Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about switching to meteor

• 04-01-2008 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I went up to my local meteor shop at about 8.30pm tonight and switched over from o2. I was given my new meteor sim but was told to wait till the coverage on my o2 sim went dead before I put the meteor one into the phone. She said it would take about 30 mins to an hour for it to lose coverage but its now past 11pm and I still have full o2 coverage.

Anybody else have similar issues when switching over?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It probably didn't get done this evening. I'd imagine the port may not go through until tomorrow at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking it might not get done till tomorrow but at the same time I thought it could be a computer generated switch over thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

porting generally stops at 6pm so it'll go through at 10 today

Yeah the switch over went through at around 10. Just one other thing now, does anybody know how long it takes to receive the 2 texts from meteor about the free meteor to meteor texts and the phone a friend for free?

PG4000 wrote: »
    Yeah the switch over went through at around 10. Just one other thing now, does anybody know how long it takes to receive the 2 texts from meteor about the free meteor to meteor texts and the phone a friend for free?

how do you mean? i don't think they send you a text. to sign up to the free texts, send "free texts" without the quotes to 50104. i don't know if that'll work for the PAFFF so to make sure that's working you can log into the website (username=phone number, password=pin from the paper your sim was on) and select your call plan. you can also choose your PAFFF number there

edit: or of course call them

• Advertisement

I was told by the woman in the shop to not top up until I got the texts or i'd be charged for meteor to meteor texts. I just rang customer service now and they said that the settings should be set up for me in the next 30 mins.

PG4000 wrote: »
    I was told by the woman in the shop to not top up until I got the texts or i'd be charged for meteor to meteor texts. I just rang customer service now and they said that the settings should be set up for me in the next 30 mins.

yeah you shouldn't top up before signing up to it because putting it on your account doesn't automatically give you the texts. you have to get it put on your account and then top up by €20.

in case there's some confusion, you'll still have to top up. customer care just added it to your account. you still have to activate by topping up

Yeah I just got the texts there. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement