Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold one tonight

Options
  • 04-01-2008 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Anyone with boilers outside ,might want to leave them running on low all night. -6 tonight:eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Very cold at the moment alright, but the snow makes up for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I just know I'll be busy tomorrow ,I bet everyones boilers break down tonight:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I know it's too late now, but why should you leave your boiler running all night when it's frosty? How cold does it need to be to leave it running? I'm just wondering as I have an outside boiler and had never heard this before. So needless to say, mine wasn't left on, but it did work as normal this morning......thankfully. I want to be aware of this for the future......thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Well ,sometimes plumbers don't install a thing called a frost stat. Frost stats turn the boiler on when the temperature gets to freezing.
    Easy to tell ,it should be screwed to the wall near the boiler .

Thats about it ,most reliable gas boiler manufacturers have frost stats built into the boiler. I.E. Baxi Solo.

Advertisement