Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool in the City centre?

Options
  • 04-01-2008 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

I wonder would anyone happen to know of pubs in the city centre where you can play pool?

I think the one next to the UGC, the woodshead/woolshead or something has one, and I think there is a pub opposite the hairylemon near St. Stephens Green with one but I've never been in it, oh, and Downunder at St. Stephens green.

A quiet chilled out pub where you'd actually have a fair chance of getting a game would be nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the hideout on south william street

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Of course there is always the Camden Palace which has a good few pool tables and a bar.The tables are the american type mind. It is a great way to start off a night out - a few beers, a few games of pool and then you can easily head on to somewhere a little livelier if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Is Camden Palace on Camden Street? Presume it is. is it a pub or more of a games hall?

The Hideout would be pretty convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Yes.
    More of a games place but then you will get a game of pool and can have a pint (or 7) with it.:)

Hmm, well the little lady was the one to suggest it and I fear she might not be impressed if I bring her to a games hall :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

nocal wrote: »
    the Camden Palace which has a good few pool tables and a bar.

+1

Might give it a whirl then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

The Camden Palace is part of the Palace nightclub building. That should keep her happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The hideout is a horrible place to play pool, they have some of the same balls in the one set:eek:

The Camden Palace is a nice place also and the 16/16a/122 all stop near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the woolshed is still there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

You could always try barcode......but it can be a bit busy
    And you would probably have to go at the w end and during the day aswell which is probably no use to you.

If you willing to go away from the City Centre, theres a nice bar in Rathmines the name of it slips my mind but its at the T-junction at Harolds Crossroad and Leinster Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 keithoconnork

the pub is called the sports hall or sports bar not sure which. surprisingly its also good to watch the footie in..

the pub is called the sports hall or sports bar not sure which. surprisingly its also good to watch the footie in..

Think its Sports Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭calsatron

Cross Bar, although I've never been in it myself. And after you've played a few games of pool you can go down the road to the dogs to round the night off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

calsatron wrote: »
    Cross Bar, although I've never been in it myself. And after you've played a few games of pool you can go down the road to the dogs to round the night off.

i work in the crossbar, the poolroom has been turned into a snug so alas no more pool

i work in the crossbar, the poolroom has been turned into a snug so alas no more pool

:eek:

Advertisement