Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassingly over-girly things you've done in the past - 'fess up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

gcgirl wrote: »
    did it work did the clampers unclamp you??

Absolutely not! :rolleyes:

I was new to the area so had no family or friends nearby, ended up sending a free call-me to me mammy and thank god for mobile phones & Mammies. She saw the text and phoned me, transferred money into my bank account and I was set free - I was lucky that internet banking and ATM Machines, AND my mother existed & was willing to bail me out, don't know what I'd have ended up doing otherwise.....

....still it was silly of me to cry to those guys who were just doing their job. You should have seen their faces. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I cry when I hear any romantic songs that remind me of my husband - the other day we were going in to celebrate our year wedding anniversary and I heard "Friends in time" and I bawled. I also still get very upset when I hear about people getting cancer as I am only just finished battling it myself - will be crying next month when I wait for the results of my latest test, the hospital makes me cry as it reminds me of when I was there. My hubby also makes me cry as he makes me feel so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

God I'm even crying here listening to one of the songs from a walk to remember!! It's sooo sad!!!

A few weeks back when Russell Brand was in Easons I remember getting way too excited and I started jumping up and down swinging the arms all around the place in a real excited squeaky voice jumping up and down going "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG". Looking back on it now I must have looked like a complete retard! :D

I cry at all movies too.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Can't believe the notebook hasn't been mentioned yet, no one cry at end of that........... I didn't because I'm a man.

....it was very sad, and water came outa my eyes for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

you obviously missed this thread then...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055200273

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Dan Fogelberg - Same Auld Lang Syne. I cry every time I hear it, and it's still my favourite christmas song - pathetic.

I'm a sap when it comes to sad movies and chick flicks. My cousin and I (who ironically split ourselves laughing at Titanic) were huddled on the couch bawling our respective eyes out on Christmas day watching Inside I'm Dancing. I Am Sam is one of the saddest movies I've ever seen in my entire life, and I challenge anyone to watch it without leaking a bit. (I cried when we went to see Enchanted, when I though Susan Sarandon had won. I'd forced my friend to come with me and she was mortified. I also giggled so loudly in parts that the entire cinema errupted with people laughing at me. :()

Can't believe the notebook hasn't been mentioned yet, no one cry at end of that........... I didn't because I'm a man

I didn't find the notebook at all sad. In fact by the end of it I was highly confused and wasn't sure whether they had died or not so ended up saying is that it, what happened?!

I hope I havent spoiled it for anyone... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Bawled uncontrolably through Stepmom, prob cos i lost my aunt to cancer but its a very sad film anyway. especially when she knows she's dying and does all these nice things for her kids!

Bawled uncontrolably through Stepmom, prob cos i lost my aunt to cancer but its a very sad film anyway. especially when she knows she's dying and does all these nice things for her kids!

Wow! Exactly the same thing here! My mum had just lost her mum to cancer and literally only a few months later I said we'd sit down and watch this movie as I heard it was brilliant but wasn't sure of the storyline :o
    Next thing is, I look over and my mums in BITS!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Both these make me cry

• Advertisement

Ah I might aswell join in...this is so sad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiS8YokFzeY

Saddest thing I've ever seen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

This too:

089.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

awww those youtubes are far too mean, you have me in tears now! booo :D that first scrubs one there, aw man! And on Greys Anatomy when the lift door closes on Izzy and she looks all happy ahhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

This brought a tear to my eye, and im a big hardy lump of a fella.;):p

Watch it!!!! All of it! My tear (single one, maybe it wasnt even a tear) came around the 2 minute mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

aw Forky I had that vid on my bebo for ages, it still sends shivers down my spine, amazing story, good man Paul Potts, where is he now though?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wasn't he involved in the Khmer Rouge?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I cried at the end of Saving Private Ryan

there its out now...

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Did any one else cry watching ~Finding Nemo~ That poor baby was abducted, taken to a foreign place and his poor dad had to search an entire OCEAN for him. Crikey, I bawled, while the kids laughed at me :(:(

Have to agree with cArOl - Denny dying was heartbreaking - Izzy in her gown all excited, then on the bathroom floor for the next episode, I didn't stop crying :(:(

I think I cried at the Pokemon movie when it looks like Ash dies.... but I think I had a lot of other sh*t going on in my life at the time...

Although to this day I still regret wasting my master ball to capture an articuno instead of using it to get Mewtwo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Forky wrote: »

Watch it!!!! All of it! My tear (single one, maybe it wasnt even a tear) came around the 2 minute mark.
    Forky - didn't see that live, but heard about it. Just watched it on your post and yeah that is fantastic, and am writing this with goosebumps and tears in my eyes. Must have been brill to see that live.

• Advertisement

i cried then too. but that was more when all the pokemon were dying. i cant handle other people (?) upset.

narco wrote: »
    i cried then too. but that was more when all the pokemon were dying. i cant handle other people (?) upset.

But when ash dies all the pokemon cry... and then I cried... but it turned out to be a good thing as the pokemon tears brought ash back to life. Brilliant piece of cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Wasn't he involved in the Khmer Rouge?

I vote this joke be strucken from the record!

It's used too often and makes me cry like gurl :(

Pigman II wrote: »
    I vote this joke be strucken from the record!

It's too easy and used too often. :(

Ha.. sorry.. I'd never heard of the guy before... so was unaware that the joke had been done.

Nessun Dorma is so over played...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I cry at everything.... including that tube clip!

OH bought me the ally mcbeal box set and the episode where billy dies, i was like a snivelling wreck!

I would say i'm the worst crier in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Oh god...where do I start?!

-I bawled when Kevin died in Eastenders (i know....)
    -I talk in an annoyingly high-pitched voice when I'm drunk ....
    -I say "omg that's soooo cute" about anything remotely, erm, cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Forky wrote: »

That is my first time seeing that and i was in tears ! omg !

Turandot is a great opera.

If you like that piece you should listen to the whole thing so it's in context.

aw man, just realised how much of a sucker to other people's emotions i am. i realise that when saying bye to one of my dearest mates before i went to nz, i couldnt actually stay to say bye cos i was already crying, and i knew that if i saw them crying, id be ****ed.

but ive since been watchign the serires survivor: china, and today was the episode where they are reunited with loved ones : husbands, mothers, fathers, sisters, and, well, i bawled.

and post new zealand have a whole seires of ads, showing how they connect people, and they have this really moving music,and well... i bawl during those ads too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

I regularly frequent www.cuteoverload.com :o

Advertisement