Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to the Airport Travelodge hotel by public transport

Options
  • 04-01-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

hello all

as the title says: how do i get to the travelodge airport hotel by public transport on friday evening around 9pm?

their homepage says
    "Bus routes:
    no. 23 to Portmarnock, Malahide, and airport
    no. 41,41c,33 to city centre."

but there is no 23... i have checked the other bus routes - what is the exact name of the stop? is it nearby?

if i take the Airlink would it be easy to walk there?

cab from the airport is no option as i'm on a budget trip...

THX :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's the 230, not 23.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Dublin%20Airport

there ya go.

I'd imagine it'd only be a 10 min walk or less from where the buses drop you off... maybe some of the free car park buses drop you nearer?
    - just checked, and it says it's 2km from the main terminal building? Always seemed nearer... Maybe have a friendly word with Mr Bus Driver, as I'm sure they pass by it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That should say the 230, not the 23.

AFAIK, it's at the roundabout after the airport roundabout - ring them and check. Get the 41 or the 33.
    It could be a bit of a hoof from the Airlink, depending on what sort of luggage you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

oh, so it isn't actually in the airport itself? That explains the 2km!
    Search the dublin bus website for Airside, and not airport as I did.
    I'd imagine the bus stops are very near by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

don't know where the travelodge is at the airport but the 16 also goes to the airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Travel Lodge is in Swords. Get any of the Swords buses or the 33/33B. Tell the driver you need to get off near the Pinnock Hill roundabout at the entry to Swords Main Street. It's often referred to as the 'Little Chef' roundabout.

Travelodge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can get a Dublin Bus one day ticket for €5-6 (about €18-19 for a book of 5) that will cover you on every Dublin Bus, except Nitelinks, tours and ferry buses. It includes the Airlink 747/748 buses. Single fare Dublin city centre - Swords is about €1.90.

If you have a lot of luggage, the 230 stop is some 700m distance away. Better to get a 41 or 41b bus - the travel Dublin - Dublin Airport - Pinnock Hill Roundabout - Swords.

Advertisement